Chapter Ten ~ Sweet Cheeks

Ava chance started to play ball

She twisted her ankle

Had a big Fall

All the school's coaches

and all the hot men

Couldn't put Ava together again

-musicalpanda101

Ava Chance

"After all that, I never even got my shots."

I woke up that morning with a clogged nose, weak stomach, and my whole body burning.

I felt like the next movement I made, I would throw up.

My whole body was way too hot. Throwing my blankets off, I felt a fresh wave of nausea hit me.

But the funny thing was, my whole body was burning and at the same time I was itching to grab my blanket and turn into a cocoon once again. To add to all of this, my stomach felt weak and I could only breathe out my mouth.

Apparently last night when Cooper dropped me off, Braxton called saying Coach was gone.

And I mean gone; no tracks of him in sight...he just disappeared.

Anyways, Cooper and Braxton were out looking for him all night but came up with nothing. They're thinking he skipped town and should be out of my hair for good.

But still the idea of knowing he isn't behind bars is unsettling.

Another fresh wave of nausea hit me, snapping me out of my thoughts and causing me to jump off my bed and run for the bathroom.

Throwing up, I heard my grandmother's small feet padding down the hallway into my room.

"Ava, where are you?" She asked into the doorway of my room.

"In here," I croaked.

"Oh dear!" My grandma exclaimed, throwing her arms up as she hobbled into the bathroom. "Ava, didn't you get shots?"

"I thought I did," I lied.

"Well obviously not if you're throwing up," she muttered, then pulled my hair back. "I swear your school district is worse than mine was back in the day."

"It can't be-"

More of yesterday's icecream came up. "Back in your day, drugs were legal."

"Yes, but at least we weren't breaking any rules." She walked to the counter, wetting one of my bright neon wash cloths.

"And who do you think is breaking the rules?" I asked, suspicious, while taking the cloth from her to wipe my face.

"Ava, you know who I think."

"Why? Just because he helped me when you couldn't, doesn't mean you need to hate him."

"Helped you?" She laughed dryly. "Ava, he has more baggage than you can handle."

"Then I can handle?" I laughed dryly, right back at her while pointing to my chest. "Excuse me Pearl, but if you haven't noticed, I've had baggage all my life!" I screamed at the very same moment my stomach felt weak again.

"Ava, you never had a choice, he did!"

"You don't know that!" I screamed, ignoring my stomach. "You don't know him!"

"I know enough! He's some delinquent, rich, pretty boy without parents that is no good for my granddaughter!"

"You don't know his story," I insisted. "He's done nothing but help me."