Chapter One || The Wedding

America's POV

As I walk down the aisle, the only thing I can see is him. Even now I have to shake my head and remember that this isn't a dream. The love of my life, the prince of Illea, the man I met less than a year ago, was standing right before me. I nod at Aspen and smile as he gives me away. I can see the hurt in his eyes as he walks away. I look around the room. The whole church is filled with people. The decorations are just beautiful. Blue lilies fill the room along with ornaments of gold. I look over at Marlee and smile. She, of course, is my bridesmaid. Her blond hair is slightly curled and adorned with a jeweled hair piece. The dress I chose for her is absolutely stunning. It's a lilac flowy gown that goes down to her ankles and I can tell by her face that she loves it. She winks at me as I give her my bouquet. I restrain a laugh and turn towards Maxon. "You look beautiful my dear." He whispers. " I am not your dear. " I say as my cheeks redden and I grin. The ceremony starts and we exchange vows. Soon, it's the moment Maxon and I have been waiting for. "You may now kiss the bride." The minister says. Maxon and I lean towards each other. Suddenly he dips me and gives me a passionate kiss. I kiss back quickly and pull away. I turn towards the crowd and take Maxon's hand. Together we walk out hand in hand. Mr. and Mrs. Schreave, King and Queen of Illea.

The Reception

The Reception

Maxon's POV

I pinch myself. This can't be happening. After chasing her for what seemed like forever, America is finally mine. I am so excited and I can barely leave her side. I'm afraid if I let go of her hand She might disappear. America looked up at me, reading my thoughts. "Maxon, you don't need to be by my side every minute. Go have fun." She smiled. " Are you sure? " I ask her worriedly. America nodded firmly. I sighed and gave her one last kiss. I go to the bar and get a drink. I haven't wiped the smile off my face since the start of the day. I go around talking to people and excepting congratulations,but my focus is on America as I stare at her from across the room. Soon, most of the people have gone and I am left with Marlee, Carter, and my dear America. I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her waist from behind. I lean my chin on her head as we say goodbye to the Woodworks. "Have fun tonight." Marlee giggles mischievously before hugging us and walking away with Carter . I sigh and look at America. I finally have her to myself. I kiss her lightly as we walk to our room.