Chapter Two || The Next Morning

America's POV 

I wake up to find Maxon's strong arms around my waist. I smile and close my eyes, wanting to make this moment last longer. Soon, Maxon opens his eyes as well. "Good morning my wife." He whispers in my ear before he kisses me. I giggle, " Good morning my Royal Husbandness. " Maxon grins. "I have to go get ready for work." I groan and hide under the covers. " please stay. " I beg as I give Maxon a face he can't resist. He sighs. "Fine. Five more minutes." I clap my hands and rest my head on his chest once he gets back in bed. Five minutes passed by way too soon and the next thing I know Maxon is in the shower. A mischievous smirk grows on my face as I decided to surprise Maxon. I open the door to the bathroom quietly and undress quickly. I get in the shower and wrap my arms around him. He screams and I laugh. 

Maxon's POV 

I'm in the shower when suddenly a pair of arms wrap around my neck. I scream, before I realize it's my dear America. She laughs and I turn around to kiss her. We begin to kiss, but some guards interrupt us. America screams and I shield her body with mine. The guards are red-faced as they try to explain why they are here. "Your majesty, we heard a scream and we wanted to make sure you were alright." I try  my best to be calm, but inside I am boiling . "We are fine, please leave." The guards nod and leave quickly. I turn towards America and hug her . "America, I am so sorry." America nods, "It's ok." She says softly. I kiss her softly and we shower together. 

Aspen's POV 

I run out of the bathroom with the rest of the guards and try to keep my thoughts from exploring. America and Maxon were in the shower, together. I can't get the image out of my head. America's scream, her wide eyes, Maxon shielding her body. It's clear he loves her, but no one can love her as much as I do. I know I'm with Lucy, but I can't get my mind off of America. I know she loves me. She has to, she was probably forced to marry Maxon and is now waiting for me to rescue her. That's it, I'm doing something about this. I'm going to rescue America from her captivity, but how? 

Author's Note

Keep commenting and voting! Please tell your friends and followers about this book : ). Thank you for everything!