#12

“you were supposed to be practising, koeun.”

“i-i-i'm sorry – ”

“but instead, you've been on your phone..”

a sneer.

“chatting with a boy.”

koeun's eyes widened in fear, her hands flailing around widely, “no, it's not like that!”

“then how would you like to explain it?” the trainer's voice boomed throughout the empty practise room. koeun held herself back, clenching her fists so hard behind her that it was trembling. “you've been slacking around, koeun. i even asked ningning what you were up to and she couldn't answer.”

“i was talking to my family – ”

“stop talking back! we all know well you're still talking to mark lee. are you trying to distract him from nct's comeback? at this rate, how are you gonna debut, koeun? how do you expect to debut if you skip practise just to talk to a boy?”

silence washed over them in waves and koeun let herself get washed away. only her sniffles could be heard in the piercing silence.

“no phone until the end of the month. no excuses. you know what to do – run around the practise room and sing, don't stop until i come back. don't even try to stop and take a break. do not attempt to go against me.”

and then she left.

koeun fell onto her knees, tears falling from her eyes.

--

(a/n)

"how are you gonna debut like this" was highly inspired by what seulgi said on idol drama operation team. as you can see this fic is inspired by the very few markoeun fics out there so things mentioned here might sound familiar! the line i mentioned earlier is also what one of the trainers/staffs said to seulgi. this is so sad tbh