#22

“where were you last night?”

mark looked up from his phone screen, his finger tapping on the screen to leave a chatroom. the scowl on taeyong's face grew deeper. mark placed his phone on his lap.

“i told you, i was at – ”

“this morning. i meant this morning.”

mark furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and shoved his phone into his pocket. “i did tell you. i went to practise and go over our song.”

“i overheard our trainers talking, they said they spotted two people in a practise room together.”

mark remained oblivious. taeyong sighed and rubbed at his temples.

“a male and a female, mark. they said, “mark and koeun.””

oh. something in mark stopped, and all of a sudden, he felt like somebody had stepped on his everything, crushing it to bits.

“i'm.. i'm sorr – ”

“save it, mark.” taeyong turned away coldly, preparing to leave. mark swallowed the lump forming at his throat. he actually thinks that i chose to see koeun instead of sleeping. he actually thinks that i lied to him. “i told you not to already.”

silence fell between them. mark couldn't bring himself to lift his chin up.

“the trainers are coming soon, just letting you know.”  was what taeyong said after shutting the door. shoot, mark thought, quickly retrieving his phone from his pocket once again to type out a message to her, hoping that maybe, just maybe, she'll read it and understand.

the strides can already be heard from outside, and their trainer seemed to be on a rant and his voice was booming so loudly that mark almost dropped his phone, startled.

“he's a debuted member, do you know what this would affect if this gets out? everything! plus, mark is an important member, this small mistake can ruin his reputation. his career, even. a dating rumour? at such a young age? with a trainee? a trainee who was involved in a lot of scandals? unacceptable!”

with shaky fingers, he managed to quickly hit send at the last minute, his fingers still trembling even after the message was sent. when the door was slammed open, mark handed over his phone reluctantly with a heavy heart.

--

(a/n)

hi guys.. i actually wrote a few drafts and it turned out pretty good but wattpad decided to delete them... i have exams in a day and i really hope that i'll be able to publish at least 5 more chapters by then

4 o'clock / markoeunजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें