#40

[ONE YEAR LATER]

“oh my god. no. you're kidding me. right? this isn't funny, johnny.”

“do you think i'm kidding, mark? you even missed out the hyung. read this for yourself, then.” johnny handed his phone over to mark who quickly scanned over the screen with wide eyes.

“..oh my god. oh my god. she. she's actually – ”

“i told you.”

“h-hyung, she's actually – ”

“debuting. yes, mark. our eun is actually debuting.”

“i-i have to tell her congratulations! i – ”

and then mark stopped. he suddenly remembered all his unsent messages, how she never read his messages after jaemin told them that she had left. his hands fell to his side limply along with the huge grin on his face, suddenly feeling sad.

“hey, what's wrong?” johnny wrapped an arm around him, squeezing his shoulder. “you don't have to use your phone, mark. you can just tell her face to face.”

“i don't even know where she is, hyung.” mark mumbled, his voice almost inaudible.

the truth is, he was scared of facing her again. what if she disappears again, without saying anything? without saying goodbye?

“music shows is an example, mark. there'll always be a chance that you both will meet again if it's meant to be. and i know that you will meet her again, so don't worry, okay?”