Chapter 77

I was zoned out when I heard someone speak.

"Family of Bailey Stabler?" The doctor asked, and I stood up quickly.

"I'm her mother." I stated, and he walked over.

"Alright, we had to put her in a medically induced coma." He spoke, and my eyes went wide.

"What?" I asked.

"She had a seizure, and has lost a lot of blood." He spoke, and tears welled in my eyes.

"How weak is she?" I whispered.

"Mrs. Stabler, she is in the ICU. We do not know how long her brain went without oxygen during the seizure." He breathed, and I ran my hands through my hair as tears rushed down my cheeks.

"Can I sit with her?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"Not tonight. But we will see if she is strong in the morning."

I nodded slowly, and I stood frozen in the same spot.

"Olivia, what's wrong?" Serena asked, as she carried James, and held Kora's hand.

"Mom, I need to try and get El again."

~*~

I stood outside in the cold night, and I just kept calling Elliot. He wouldn't pick up, and I was scared that we might lose Bailey, and he wouldn't be here.

I gave up and called Casey. I knew that she would pick up, even if she wasn't happy that I was the one calling.

"Detective." She spoke, her voice holding annoyance.

"Casey, I know you don't like me, but do you know where my husband is?" I mumbled.

"Um, he's interrogating a perp. Wanna talk to Cragen?" he asked, and tears ran down my cheeks, and I was quick to wipe them away.

"I really need to talk to Elliot."

"Are you crying?" She questioned, and I laughed.

"I am, and now you know that I'm weak." I spoke.

"I'll get him." She spoke.

Then in the background, I heard Cragen telling Casey that he couldn't pull Elliot out, since they were about to break one of the people who was causing the corruption.

"I'm sorry, Olivia." She spoke, and I sat down on the sidewalk.

"When he's done, tell him to come to the hospital. Bailey is in the ICU. She might not make it." I sniffled, and her side of the line went silent.

"Captain, we need to pull him out. Now."

"Olivia, what the hell is so important that I need to pull Elliot out?" Cragen spoke, and he sounded pissed.

"Don, Bailey is in a coma. She lost a lot of blood and seized. She may die, and I want my husband here!" I cried.

~*~

Elliot was there with in a half hour. He came into the waiting room, where I was sitting. Ron and Serena had went home with the kids, and I refused to leave Bailey.

"Where is she?" Elliot questioned, as I stood. My body was shaking.

"She's still in a coma in the ICU. They said tomorrow they might take her off the drugs, but she might not wake up." I whispered, and he quickly pulled me into a hug.

"We can't lose another baby." He breathed, and I clung to him as I sobbed.

After we both cried, we sat together, and just waited. And waited. When the doctor came out, he said she was awake, but it might be the calm before the storm. Her little last burst of energy.

Elliot and I quickly went to sit with her, and before we went into the room, the doctor stopped me.

"When we went into scan her brain, we noticed that she must have had a stroke. She won't be able to talk right, and she can't move the right side of her body without help."

I turned into Elliot, and he held me.

"She isn't going to make it, is she? What is the chance?" Elliot demanded, and the doctor frowned.

"A ten percent chance, but even if she does, she won't be the same."

Our lives will never be the same.

~*~

We entered into Bailey's room, and I sat down next to her. She was half asleep, and I gently grabbed her hand and squeezed it. She opened her eyes, well tried to open both of them, but her right one was droopy.

"Mommy." She slurred, and I kissed her hand.

"Hi, baby. Daddy is here too." I spoke, and she smiled awkwardly at Elliot.

"Daddy." She slurred, and Elliot walked over and kissed her forehead.

"Love, you are being so brave." Elliot spoke, and I nodded in agreement.

"A true Stabler." I smiled, and she looked at us and shook her head slightly.

"Stablers don't die." She mumbled, as if her lips were too heavy, but they just weren't working how she wanted them.

"You aren't gonna die." I spoke quickly, before leaning in and kissing her temple.

"We aren't gonna lose you, Bail." Elliot spoke, and she started to cry. I tried to keep her cheeks dry, but she was crying too hard.

This was all too much.

"I love you." She slurred, and I knew she was trying to say goodbye.

"No. Don't do this." I spoke, as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Mommy." She whimpered, and I climbed into bed with her.

I held her close as I cried.

"I love you too, Bailey. I'll never stop loving you." I cried. Elliot gently caressed her hair, and then kissed her forehead.

"I love you, Bailey." Elliot spoke, and she smiled again at us.

"Don't cry, Mommy." She whispered, before snuggling in closer to me.

~*~

All three of us fell asleep, and when I woke up, it was too late. I quickly tried to wake up Bailey, as tears poured down my cheeks.

"Baby, wake up. Come on, Bailey, WAKE UP!" I sobbed. Elliot woke up, and looked around in confusion.

"What's wrong?" He asked, and at this point, I was trying to shake Bailey awake.

"SHE ISN'T BREATHING!" I screamed, and Elliot quickly left.

When he and the nurses and doctor got here, I was cradling Bailey's body in my arms, and crying. My tears were covering her face as I kissed her forehead and cheeks, hoping that anything would get her to wake up.

"Bailey." I whimpered over and over again.

The doctor tried to get in to feel for a pulse, but I held her closer.

"Mr. and Mrs. Stabler, I'm sorry." The doctor spoke, and I shook my head.

"No." I whispered.

Eventually I let go of my daughter, and Elliot pulled me into his arms and held me.

"We will make it through this. I promise."

*Sigh* I hate myself. I'm so sorry for how this worked out, but I'm feeling this book coming to an end, and I hate how the words are just coming out of me. Thanks for reading, and beware that I was crying the whole time I was writing this. Please vote and comment all of your feedback. :/