Chapter 8 - Secret Passage

"What if the missing students are still here, and it's us?" Sunoo asked him.

Ni-ki smirked and chuckled. "Nonsense. That's not possible. There's no logic to it." He said as he put both hands on his hips, actually processing what Sunoo just said. He then shook his head, convincing himself that it's not possible.

"No. It can't be. Because if we're the missing students, then we killed someone." Ni-ki muttered.

"Kill who? What are you guys talking about?" Kei asked from behind the two.

They both turned around looking flustered. "Nothing." They simultaneously responded.

"Ni-ki, you missed a lot of practice already. What's up with you lately? Are you going through rough puberty?" Kei asked him, glancing at famous Kim Sunoo. These two are often seen together nowadays. What are they up to?

Whatever it is, he smell trouble.

There is no way these two are going to get along. They're even talking about murder.

"Yes, Yes! Whatever." Ni-ki responds to Kei annoyed. He glanced back at Sunoo. "You better get going." He told him then grabbed Sunoo's phone typing his number. "This is my contact number. Call me if you have trouble sleeping." He told him then walked with Kei.

Sunoo watched as the two walked the same way. He waited until they're out of sight, then went back inside the abandoned building once again. He went to the room again and looked around the room mote thoroughly, ignoring what Ni-ki has told him earlier. He's just so curious what's inside this room, why it keeps drawing him in.

He opened one metal cannister and almost screamed when he found maggots crawling inside it. Something's rotten inside it but he didn't dare to look at it closely and closed it.

He stepped backwards in disgust when he bumped into the coffee table, causing him to turn around and notice that his feet has pushed the carpet under the coffee table. He was supposed to fix it when he saw a circular knob on the floor. He knocked into it and realized that there's a small part of the floor under the table that isn't cement.

He grabbed the circular knob and pulled it up and discovered a secret passage. A stairs downwards. Just like in those suspense movies.

He pushed the table on the other side of the room and opened turned his flash on to see where the stairs leads. It looks dusty and messy as if someone knocked everything over. He climber down out of curiosity but regretted it the moment he smelled the strong scent of chemicals. He used his flash to see his way and saw tall shelves of boxes like a furniture shop.

He looked around and saw a glass of what seems to be a blue liquid. It looks like gatorade or power aid but almost glowing. If this building is abandoned, how come this glass of liquid doesn't have molds in it?

He picked up the glass and noticed it doesn't have dust in it whatsoever. It's clear that been placed here recently or just now by the dust on the shelf he got it from. The dust is thick on the shelf except the mark that the glass left.

Sunoo smelled it and gagged and almost threw up because of the strong chemical scent. "What the fuck!" He squealed followed by a rustling sound on the inner part of the room.

Someone's here.

Sunoo placed the glass back and followed the sound. He heard a book being closed harshly and footsteps then felt a strong wind blow the dust scattered in the air that he couldn't see a thing. He even caught some in his eyes. He froze right away because he knew to himself that there's no way that there would be wind blowing underground, especially on a closed room.