Chapter 16 - Blood Hungry

(Flashback)

5th-November 1804

After night class, Sanghoon has decided to skip practice and just chill under the moonlight, because for some reason, it's the only light in the sky that he can enjoy. He was about to sneak out and use his enhanced speed ability to get away from the prefects but before he can even go out, he sensed someone staring at him at the side, hiding in the bush.

Who was it?

Is he being observed right now?

Do they know that he's been sneaking out lately?

He stopped his tracks and smirked, slowly turning towards the bush. He started smelling her familiar scent. She smells like vanilla and strawberries.

He knew that specific brand of moisturizer. "Miyoung, come out. I know you're there." He spoke coldly like he always did. "Are you going to tell on me?" He asked as Miyoung popped out of the bush. Looking nervous and guilty, all at the same time.

"I won't if you don't sneak out tonight. I'll forget all the other times you did." She said hesitantly, not making any eye contact because she might not resist his charms. She's been trying to move on ever since he started dating Celeste. She didn't want to lose Celeste as her best friend, because the two of them were inseparable ever since they attended Decelis Academy.

They're all each other has. Nobody understands her more than Celeste.

Sanghoon has never been so interested in Miyoung before that he never attempted to read her thoughts. He's faithful with his relationship with Celeste that he never attempted to pay attention on girls.

It's just now that she realized that he just noticed how pretty Miyoung is. Her eyes are just so pretty when light hits them. They sparkle like diamonds.

Sunghoon had to shake his thoughts away and stay faithful.

"I won't sneak out tonight if you suggest a good spot for star gazing." Sanghoon bend down a little to meet Miyoung's eyes. He wanted to see them closer and confirm if they really sparkle, or was it just his imaginations. Miyoung kept avoiding his gaze and looking around as if she's looking for someone.

Then she pointed at an old tower not too far. The tower used to be spot for look outs when there used to be angry mobs of people who wanted to commit arson, convinced that the school is a home for vampires.

They're not wrong though, but nobody has proven it yet.

They used to appoint one to three lookouts every night to spot torches and warn everyone about it and evacuate the school, since there are also human students. It's not safe for them to stay, especially if fire is involved.

There are lots of cases before that they successfully burned down the whole school, but only the buildings turned into ashes, and never the students. They would sometimes come back to just ashes and rubles.

It was such a long time ago that the two students had no idea.

"It looks like a good spot for star gazing." Miyoung suggests. Sanghoon stared at the old building that has vines wrapped around it's base, and black marks on the body like it burned down before they attended the academy.

"No way! It looks haunted." He muttered, scared to go. Even though he's now a vampire, a symbol of Halloween to some people, he's still scared of ghosts.