Chapter 10 - Voices

"Jasmine," he whispered softly, making her look at him once again. "To prove to you that I'm serious about you, I'm willing to do anything you want me to. I don't even care if you break my heart or purposely hurt me. I'll do anything to be close to you." he said on a serious voice and expression that Jasmine's starting to fall for it.

It's such a shame that she's been fooled so many times that here's still a part of her that doubts Jake.

"Prove what? Serious about what?" Jasmine asked, wondering why Jake seems to have responded to her thoughts. Can he read minds?

Is she that transparent?

Did she say it out loud?

All her life, she's never experienced liking a guy. The only person she's been attracted to since she can remember is Soyeon and nobody else.

"I like you." Jake said which was too straightforward for Jasmine. They just met and know nothing about each other, and now here he is confessing the first day.

She looked away, standing up. She's done with this. He's obviously just playing her. This is what players do. They get easily comfortable just because they're irresistible. As for Jake, he looks kind and sweet and maybe that's his weapon to get the girls.

"Where are you going?" Jake stood up as well following Jasmine towards the front porch. He's impressed with the fountain and the landscape of the garden. Jongseong would've loved this. This is literally what he dreamed of. A huge house and this much wealth.

If only he's here.

Too bad Jay has no idea about any of what Jongseong has experienced. He's born rich. The exact dream that Jay wanted if he gets reborn.

"Jasmine." Jake called as he tried to catch up with her. Her walk and the way her hair gets blown by the wind reminds him so much of Celine.

"Leave me alone!" Jasmine yelled as she turned to him. Good thing they're all alone, or they would've caused a drama in front of people. "Is this a bet? How much would you get to make the weird girl fall for you?" She asked, making Jake feel bad that she has to feel this way. There must've been a few incidents similar to this that made her lose her trust in men.

"What's the keyword to get the money? I love you too? I like you back? Sure let's date?" She asked angrily. Her frown and her voice are exactly like Celine's when she's mad.

"It's not a bet. I like you." Jake repeats himself but Jasmine started laughing at her. Just like how Celine laughed at Jake when he first confessed. That echoing laugh reminded him of how crushed he was when Celine didn't believe that someone would actually like her.

"That's so cute Sim Jake. What type cliché movies have you been watching? This is obviously scripted." She said after a hiss, looking at Jake irritated.

She's never been this irritated with a guy before. It's just that Jake looks so kind and Jasmine really believed him, but now that things are making sense again, she suddenly feel stupid for falling into his looks and small kind gestures that she forgot that she's not the type of girl that someone would want.

"Maybe it's you who's watching too much drama. I like you Kang Jasmine. I wouldn't prank you, embarrass you or hurt you. Trust me." He said taking Jasmine's hand, making her look more angry as she pulled it away harshly.

"How would you fall so fast and confess the same day we met officially? This is too unrealistic." She said as she turned her back at Jake, biting her lips. She suddenly regret being so mean to him. What if he's real, unlike any of those assholes who played with her before?