Chapter 17

Skyler's POV

Luke plugged his ipod into the the car speakers and music flooded the car, Bohemian Rhapsody. "oh my god I love this song!" I laugh slapping Luke's arm "it's a classic" Calum comments tapping his fingers against the steering wheel. 

"Oh baby don't do this to me baby," Natalie sang turning towards me "Just got to get out just got to get right out of here" Calum continued bopping his head. I chuckled as both Luke and I joined in. We continued our sing along for the rest of the drive, until Calum pulled into a parking lot. "Are we here?" I asked excitedly unbuckling my seat belt in anticipation "nope" Calum said popping the p. 

"Wait the why are we stopping?" I pout confused Luke rolls his eyes "come on" he says getting out of the car. I follow after him and see we've stopped at a small restaurant. 

I stretch shaking my legs around. Calum and Luke disappear for a second going into the restaurant and I look at Nat. She shrugs "so are you and Calum going to talk?" I ask curious "talk about what?" she replied innocently I roll my eyes "you know the whole k-" "so that lady said it's going to take about 20 minutes" Luke says cutting of my sentence I glare at him "what?" I just shake my head not even worth it. 

"I hope you guys like fish and chips cause thats erm what we ordered." I look at him for a moment and he runs his fingers through his hair, he must be nervous. "Of course we do" Nat replies obviously confused by my lack of response. I gulp forcing out a laugh why am I acting so weird? "So where's Calum?" I ask randomly biting my lip. 

"he's inside" I nod and once again there's a strange silence. "How close are we to the beach?" Natalie questions "just a couple minutes now you can see it from here." Luke replies pointing "how did I not see that?" I tease, Luke smirks. "Hey I got the stuff," Calum whispers Natalie giggles, Luke and I look at each other 

"let's go then" I say jumping back into the car. I hear Calum whoop before jumping back into the truck and placing the food in Luke's lap. Within seconds the whole car begins to smell like fries making my stomach grumble. 

We arrive at the beach and I jump out of the truck, "beach!" I scream running towards the sand Natalie right behind me, we find a spot in the shade and claim it as our own laying out the towels we'd brought. Then I ran back and grabbed the beach chairs and cooler Calum had packed. "Damn Hood you come prepared" I say lifting up the cooler, he shrugs "go big or go home Andrews" he replies making me chuckle. We set up our stuff and for a circle. "Let's go!" Natalie says I look at Luke are eyes lock as he shrugs pulling of his shirt. I bite my lip a blush forming on my cheeks. 

It takes me a moment to realize I'm staring so I continue to take of my sweater leaving me in my red bikini. "Race you?" I say to Natalie hitting her arm and sprinting off before she could reply.   

Natalie's POV

"Not fair!" I yelled at Sky, before stripping off my shirt and quickly taking off my shorts.  I threw off my flip flops before chasing her down too.  I could hear the boys yell "Wait up!"  We were at least ten metres away from the waves.

I caught up to Sky, and she took two steps into the water, before yelling "It's nice!"  My feet splashed into the clear water, and I suddenly agreed replying "It is…"

Suddenly I felt a pair of arms pick me up and throw me over their shoulder.  Calum!  How was he this strong!?  "Calum put me down!" I joked, gripping onto him tightly.  Wow he's got great back muscles too…..Nat why do you always analyze this boy!?  Focus!

I could tell he was walking deeper and deeper into the water, because I could see Sky and Luke seem farther and farther away.  "Cal…..don't tell me you're gonna do what I think you're gonna do…." I said warningly.

"But what do you think I'm gonna do Nat?" Cal asked.  I could almost see him grinning.  "Please Hood, I know you're gonna chuck me into the water." I said before Cal replied "Well you said it."

I felt him throw me off of his shoulders, and I splashed into the water, as it swirled around me, encasing me in bubbles.  The salty taste of the water was on my lips, as I finally came back up, my hair dripping wet.  We were in shoulder depth, and I could see Luke and Sky from where we were standing, having a splash contest.

I suddenly looked to Cal, who was obviously still above the water.  Damn, I still don't know what he looks like shirtless.  He grinned at me and said "How was that?"  I splashed him and joked "Well next time don't be so obvious with your intentions."

He grinned at me again, before swimming over to me, dunking his head into the water.  His black hair was now slightly plastered to his head, and he said "Should we go back?" "I don't really mind, besides Suke over there seems to be having a blast." "Suke?" "Skyler and Luke!" I said before Cal said "Well actually there's a nice place I know…"

"How many nice places do you know huh?" I joked, and Cal winked at me before saying "There's a cove.  It's just a short walk, a little swim…. are you up to it?  There's a cool cave there, and there's a small reef there too.  That is if you want to come along...."  I smiled and said "I'm totally up to it."

We went back to interrupt the Suke splash fight, but then ended up getting roped into it.