Chapter 36

Skyler's POV

The next months seemed to pass in the blink of an eye and before we knew it spring was coming. I stared outside my window  at an old tree that hung. My phone buzzed in my pocket making me jump "Hello?" I say checking my wall clock that read 4:20 

"Hey Sky where are you?" I run my hands through my hair and lean against my window "what do yo-" "you forgot didn't you?" Michael states I can feel his smirk through the phone "you and Nat promised to help us audition drummers silly" he continued 

"oh shit is that today?" I say grabbing my boots and running down the stairs "yes silly Skyler" I groan tucking the phone between my shoulder and my ear "please don't call me that" "sorry babe no can do." I roll my eyes opening the door, Luke stands in the door way wearing a grey beanie. 

"I'll uh see you soon" I say hanging up the phone "Hi" I say awkwardly biting my lip, Luke smiles at me gesturing me to come walk beside him. "So how's it goin?" I had come to the conciliation I Skylar Andrews had a small crush on Luke Hemmings, a small one a very small one that in no way affected my judgment or our friendship, and I blame the fact we have kissed several times during play rehearsal for a very large part of it it's not my fault he's super attractive.

"Good you?" "Honestly I'm kind of nervous about this whole drummer thing I mean what if we choose the wrong one?" "you won't" I try to reassure him "but how do you know that?" "because I know you, you big dummy" I say knocking our shoulders together he chucked silently wrapping his arm around me.

The videos Luke, Calum and Michael where posting where slowly getting more and more view and more requests sometimes they would have a crowd of 200 people huddled into Michaels Uncles shops but they still complained that they needed a drummer and so Natalie had made posters and posted that Hemmo1996 was holding auditions. 

"Thank god!" Michael sings pulling both Luke and I into a tight hug "They where being all cute, I still think I might throw up" he shivered "there there we're here now" I say patting his head and walking up to Natalie who had set three chairs up behind a desk that faced the small performers stage Michael's uncle Damon had set up, there was currently a single drum set up in the centre. 

"This is so stupid no ones going to show up" I hear Luke tell Michael turning around "oh no you don't" Michael said turning Luke around and guiding him to the middle chair. "Alright you each get a clip board" Natalie said handing them out "write down what you think of each audition and then once they leave you will all consult. 

"Easy?" Luke point at Natalie and I shrug "you asked for it" I mouth he smirks reaching across the table and grabbing a pen. "Good luck boys" Natalie called as we left the shop deciding we where in the made for Starbucks. 

"Next!" Michael shouted as we entered the shop, a red headed boy scurried past me drumsticks in hand "hey" I said putting a hand on Luke's shoulder and standing behind him. He eyes my Starbucks "you went without me" he pouted I smile holding the drink out so he could sip from it.

"No one not a single person is right for our band," Michael says throwing his his arms dramatically into the air "What about Eli?" Natalie questions sitting down on Calum's lap I glare at them until Michael pulls out his chair and offers me his lap, I sit down wrapping my arms around his neck. 

I feel Luke's eyes but I refuse to look "he's to serious half out band practises end in a game of fifa" "and how about Adam?" have you seen the guy he's like your hight!" Michael whines I punch his chest "ow" Natalie snorts breaking out in a fit of laughter "what's so funny" I question crossing my arms. "You are really short." "Am not!" I try to argue they all laugh and I blush embarrassed. "  

Natalie's POV

"Hey are the drummer auditions here?" a boy suddenly called.  He ran in, looking around with his brown orbs.  "And you are...?" "Ashton.  Ashton Irwin." he said holding out his hand, drumsticks in the other.

He had a fringe very similar to Michael's, and large hands, as he quickly set him self down on the drum set.  "Alright...do you have anything?" Michael asked as Ashton immediately began to play.

I looked to Calum, who looked impressed.  Luke's expression was hard to read, while Michael kept a poker face throughout.  

"Well thanks Ashton...." Michael said and Calum cut him off "Can you sing?"  Ashton flushed a little and said "A bit.  Do...do you want me to...right now?" "We need a singing drummer now?" Luke asked and Cal shushed them.

Ashton sung a couple notes of "Mr. Brightside" before he left.  Once he did we all turned to each other.  

"We HAVE to let him in!" Calum said to the others.  Michael shrugged and said "He was pretty good actually." "I have to agree with Michael.  But maybe we should just wait a little." "Wait for WHAT!?" "Well it isn't up to me and Skyler for this decision..." I said getting off Cal's lap.  We left for a bit, doing another Starbucks run.

"I really hope the boys do take Ashton.  He really is talented.  Not only at the drums, but at singing too." I said taking a sip of my coffee.  Skyler nodded silently stirring the straw in her frappacino cup.

I had gotten pissed at her attitude, so I took both her hands and then said "Alright, somethings up and I know you well enough to know it can only be with something major.  For example; Luke Hemmings?"

Skyler blushed before sipping at the drink.  "Perhaps." she muttered before I immediately replied "That is a lie.  I know I'm right." 

She rolled her eyes and said "Alright alright, so what if I like Luke?  It's not my fault he was hot enough to play Kenickie!" "And it's also not your fault that you get to kiss him...a lot...." I joked and Skyler hit me.  Today was apparently opposite day.

"Jeez today we switched rolls.  You're the one hitting ME!" I said laughing a bit.  I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I pulled it out, seeing a text from Michael.

Clifford: come back over here, we made a decision.  besides ur boyfriend is having seperation issues.

"What is it with you guys and my relationship with Cal?" I said as we walked out of the Starbucks and heading back to the cafe.  "Whaddya mean?" Skyler asked as we crossed the street.  "You all say we have 'seperation issues'!" "Cause you do.  We're just reinforcing the truth." "What's the problem that we see each other?" 

Skyler rolled her eyes and said "It's not that's the problem.  But maybe you guys could be seeing each other TOO much!"  I was the one rolling my eyes now, as we pushed the door to the cafe open and stepped into the cafe.

All the boys turned around and I finally spoke.  "So who's it gonna be?"