In the Night

Kim couldn't sleep that night and she found herself thinking about Rin. What he had done for her. She had never felt such compassion. It was very quiet that night. The sound of Aduka's flute echoed through school grounds. That made Kim start to think about Aduka. Why is she no longer friends with Rin? Why does she need a distraction? Did something happen to her? Kim's head was full of questions. She got up from bed and went to her window. Outside there were vampires roaming around. Kim wanted to watch Aduka. She thought about going out, but then remembered how Rin had helped her. She would never be able to get around them.
"Maybe if I go around each building, then they can't see me. It's going to be time consuming, but well worth it." Kim thought.
It was a great plan, but would it execute well? Kim left her dorm building and ran around to the back. The vampires were walking close, but could not see her. She ran around each building waiting periodically for it to be clear. When she finally got to the front door it was blocked by vampires. She had to walk around back. Once inside Kim couldn't see. It was almost pitch black. Just the moon made a small light through the windows. Kim got out her phone and turned her light on. She paced through the halls and out to the courtyard. There was no one there. Kim went to the pond and saw Aduka lying down at the top of the rock. She looked almost dead. Kim climbed up the rock to get a better look at her. Her eyes were slightly open and she was breathing heavily. Her neck was exposed. Kim got closer. Aduka apeared to be having a bad dream. Kim got closer. She saw something on her neck. Kim got closer. They were scars. Two large scars on her neck. Aduka shuddered. Kim took a photo of her neck. Aduka woke up. She was breathing harder than before. She smelled Kim's blood and tackled her down the rock. Aduka grabbed her neck. There was a flash and all of a sudden Aduka flew off of Kim. Kim looked up panicked. It was Rin. He sent Aduka flying into the pond.
"Get up!" Rin yelled.
Kim quickly got to her feet. Rin turned into a bat and picked Kim off the ground. He flew fast back to her dorm. He set her down in her room and transformed back.
"What the hell were you thinking!" Rin yelled.
"I needed to know more about her. Its been eating at my brain! I want to know more, but she's not going to tell me, so I might as well figure it out myself." Kim said.
"I had to hit her! I didn't want to do that. But what if she had turned you!" Rin exclaimed.
"Honestly ever since I moved to this school no one has been nice to me so I don't give a damn if I turn into a meifwa, vampire, or werewolf! Being a human sucks!" Kim said.
Rin sighed.
"You have no idea."
"What happened to Aduka?" Kim asked.
"That is not my place to tell you her story." Rin said.
"So you do know?" Kim said. "Well if you know then you must have been involved some how."
Rin said nothing. Kim pulled out her phone.
"How did she get these scars?" Kim asked holding up the picture.
Rin stared at the picture for a long time.
"Those are vampire scars. That is all I wish to say about it." Rin said.
"So she was bitten, not born? Interesting." Kim said.
"Who bit her? Does she have nightmares? Is that why she needs the flute as a distraction?" Kim asked.
"No more questions." Rins said. He left the room.