Chapter 7

I walk into the room slowly, taking all of the pictures of me in. I silently close the door and lock it from the inside.

   I walk to the desk in the middle of the room. There is a scrapbook that I'm too afraid to open on the desk. I save it for later and look at the small shelf. There are 3 yearbooks on the shelf. I open the one from 2013, my first year in high school. I open and go through it. I find all of the photos of my face are cut out. I shudder of fear crawls down my spine.

   All of the other books are the same. The only one that's missing is for 2017. This year.

   I look at all of the photos. They go in order by my age. The last one was the day before my birthday. When I was outside walking to my car. That was his car in the parking lot.

   I sit in the chair and put the scrapbook in front of me. I open the cover. It doesn't have dust like the pictures on the walls don't. Or the yearbooks. Either he dusts heavily or he is always looking at the pictures.

   The title on the inside of the yearbook is 'Isabella and Jonathan's life'. It'd be cute if we were dating and there wasn't a room full of pictures of me.

   The first page is the picture we took when we met. I looked ugly. Acne, glasses, ugly body, gross. The next page knocks the breath out of me. It was a couple pictures of wedding dresses with shoes and accessories. The next 10 pages are all of 'our' wedding. He's been planning it since we met. The date on the cover was the date of our meeting.

   The next page after the wedding plannings is child names. 2 boys and 2 girls. He has the color of paint picked out for the rooms if we have 2 boys, 2 girls, or a boy and girl.

   At the last pages of the book, there are retirement plans and places for vacations. I didn't notice until now that I was breathing heavily.

   I close the scrapbook and check the drawers. I find a journal in a drawer and open it to a random page.

   'June 8th, 2016

    Isabella was at the mall with that Jacob boy again. If they weren't in a public area, I would have killed him. He touched my sweet Isabella on her shoulders and hands. He put his nasty lips on my love. She will be 18 soon, so he will be dead soon. I would've spared his life until the whore  was planning on using my sweet Isabella. She told Jacob today that he could use her like yesterday's trash then leave. The hilarious thing was that she told her little friend on the phone she was going to dump him after using him for a month. '