Chapter 25

In front of me is not the man who I married. The man I married wasn't hooked up to millions of wires. He didn't have a tube running down his throat or multiple bandages on him. He didn't look so...dead.

   I rush over towards Max. My heart starts beating faster. The man-the love of my life sits here in front of me-no lies in front of me looking broken and sad. Did I mention dead?

   A hand is placed on my shoulder lightly. I turn around to see Taylor. Sadness is displayed across his features. He pulls my body closer to his. I wrap my arms around him and let the tears flow. Taylor just holds me and tries comforting me the best he can. It's quite hard to comfort a person who is losing one of the last people she loves. All I want to do is murder Jonathan, kiss Max, hug anyone, and sit alone in a dark room and cry my eyes out. This large ball of emotion starts becoming larger and larger inside of my soul. So far, my life has been the worst. Do I even have to list why? Just being kidnapped is already terrible enough. What worse could happen to me now?

   "He's not dead, Bell. He's still alive. He'll make it." Taylor reassures me. I wish I could believe him. 

   "He will die, Taylor." I mutter. I pull away from his embrace and walk out of the room. Taylor follows behind slowly. "Take me back to the hospital." I request to him.

   "Isabella-"

   "Now, Taylor!" He stops and we walk back out to his car. The drive back to the hospital in town is completely silent, except the sound of cars and people outside of the car. They're barely audible, though.

   "You can't hide away forever, Bell."

   I look at him. "I can sure try, can't I?" Taylor pulls into the driveway and turns to look at me straight in the eyes.

   "Isabella, I'm going to tell you this once and only once. Max doesn't have much time left. We've cleared that. Do you really plan on living the rest of your life in this hospital? Hiding away from your past? Not facing and fighting your own battles?" His eyes fill with question. No words can be formed into my throat. "See? Come with me. We can find and bring Jonathan to justice. Bring him down. Save many people from being killed and kidnapped."

   The thought runs through my mind. What will happen if I leave? Can I really save people? Bring Jonathan to an end?

   I sigh deeply and stare out at the large building. They always take great care of me and keep me safe from the grip of Jonathan. All Taylor's managed to do was almost get me killed and kidnapped. The hospital is the best choice.

   "You know what Taylor?" He looks at me without answering. "I'll do it. I'll come with you to find Jonathan."

______________

   Sorry for taking so long to update. I've been busy for obvious reasons.