Chapter 20

"Why are we doing this, again? It's not like I haven't told you something." Taylor rolls his eyes again as if he is talking to a 14 year old girl.

   "I have told you three times now, Isabella. I need to go through the whole story again for any tiny detail that was left out. Anything helps me. It helps you." He sits back on the chair and crosses his arms over his chest. "Now tell me, where could Jonathan go?" He raises an eyebrow. I sigh in annoyance and prop my elbows on my knees.

   "And I've told you three times, I don't know."

   "Does he have any friends? Family?" I shake my head. He sighs irritatingly. "You are no help." He mumbles quietly.

   "Hey! Why would  know? He trapped me in a house for years!" Detective Taylor looks up at me.

   "Where?"

   "Where's the house?" I ask, not quite understanding the question. He nods excitedly and pulls out paper and a pen. "It's in San Jose." I tell him the address and he stands up.

   "Let's go." He grabs my hand and drags/walks me to his car. We get inside and he starts driving. Two long hours later, we stop in front of the large house that I was captivated in for so long. Old, faded police tape litters the lawn in some places. Taylor climbs out of the car and rushes to the house. I follow him and stop in front of the door with him. He lifts the side of his shirt and pulls out a small, black handgun. He positions it in front of him and knocks on the door. I stay still next to him, pinning myself to the exterior wall of the large house.

   "If he is here, why would he answer?" I whisper to Taylor. He shushes me and pounds on the door.

   "Jonathan! I know you're in there!" He's probably not. Shush! 

   After no reply, Taylor turns the knob. It's locked. He stands in front of the door and kicks it with unimaginable force. It breaks free with ease. He rushes in and poises his gun around, his head following the action. I peek inside and at Taylor.

   "I told you. He isn't-" Bang! Something falls from upstairs. Taylor runs up the stairs. I don't dare to follow. 

   Everything is silent for what feels like hours. I hear some loud shuffling and dropping of something. My brain starts fumbling and I don't know what to do. My vision starts blurring and I start feeling tired. Don't pass out. Go upstairs. I fight away the drugging feeling and run up the stairs. My head starts spinning and my footing starts going dizzy. I shake my head, which helps me some.

   I finally reach the room where the noise is coming from and open the door. Bang! I stare in horror as the gun shoots and blood splatters the ground behind the man.