Chapter 24

Isabella's P.O.V

   "Hey new girl." A woman says to me as she sits on the bench next to me. She is wearing the pale green scrubs like mine. Her bleach blonde hair sticks up in different places like she hasn't brushed her hair in a week. She looks only twenty.

   "Hi." I great shyly back to the young woman.

   "What are you in for?" She asks me casually as she plays with a thin rope, tying it and untying it repeatedly.

   I shrug my shoulders. "Stress or something." The woman looks at me and nods.

   "You're that Isabella girl. I've seen you on t.v. Also that Jonathan guy. I'm surprised they waited so long to throw you in here. " She continues to concentrate on her rope.

   "Me too." I mumble quietly to myself. I stand up and walk away from the woman. As I pass a room, the social area, I notice the title printed in big, bold letters on the small t.v.: Jonathan Ryan Escapes for the Second Time

   I feel my heart leap into my throat. I rush back to my room and shut the door, locking it after. I pull out the small phone that Daniel gave me and call him.

   After a few rings, he answers. "What's wrong, Isabella?"

   "He-" I gasp as the tears start streaming. "Escaped." I whisper after a moment.

   "We know. Jonathan will be caught, Isabella. Don't you worry. He doesn't know where you are. You are also not allowed to be taken from the hospital unless a cop takes you out. " He calms me down. I nod even though he doesn't see me do it and try to calm my hyperventilating.

   "Are you sure he won't find me?" I ask once my breathing calms down.

   "Yes, Isabella. Everyone is perfectly fine." He reassures me. I sigh in some sort of relief. "You should rest, Isabella. This isn't good on your head."

   "Okay, yea." I agree. "Bye."

   "Bye." I hang up the phone and lay it under my pillow where it was before. I lay my head on the soft pillow and try to close my eyes. They stay pried open, staring at the closed window. My brain rushes with many questions. What if he finds me? He'll kidnap me, of course.

   My pillow starts vibrating. I pull out the phone and answer. "What's wrong?" I ask. Instead of Daniel's voice, I hear Taylor's.

   "Nothing except the fact that Jonathan has escaped." Damn, he's blunt.

   "I know that. How'd you get this number? Daniel gave this phone to me."

   "Who do you think he made get it? His deputy gives everything away." He states in a matter-of-fact tone.

   "Then why'd you call?" I stand up and walk over to the small window. I watch as ambulances and cars rush into the parking lot.

   "We need to get you out of there."

   "No, Taylor. I'm staying here. Even if this is like prison." I cross my arm over my chest.

   "Why do you want to stay?"

   "Why do you want me to come with you?" Silence takes over the line. Taylor sighs. I can just imagine him shaking his head.

   "We have to find Jonathan, Isabella."

   "Why? So he can just escape again and kidnap me?" Anger boils in my blood.

   "Okay. Have it your way, Bella. Just please stay safe." Bella?