Bad Birthday

*Jewel*

Wow 3416 word long chapter, hope you enjoy it!

(Jewel's POV)

"Get away from my daughter right now Vincent!" My father yelled.

Vincent growled at him.

"We had a deal Orland, jewel is mine now!"

"Things change, take something else from me Vincent. Just don't take jewel."

Vincent laughed

"Do you really think after all these years of waiting I'd just let you keep jewel. Ha you must be out of your mind brother!"

Wait brother? But how is that possible, Vincent's a vampire and my father's a human....right?

My father fired his rifle again and hit Vincent in the chest. He hissed for a moment but then laughed.

"You know you can't kill me with that rifle."

"Maybe not you but your three brides." Father said and the three girls hissed at him as they turned into their bat like forms.

"Fly away my darlings!" Vincent ordered the girls and they flew off into the night sky.

Vincent then turned and grabbed me. He held me tightly to him and he pulled my head back so he could get a good view of my neck. His teeth turned into fangs and I knew what he was planning to do, I've read enough books about vampires to know that he's ether going to feed on me or...turn me into a vampire!

I screamed and struggled to get away from him. I heard three loud shots from my father's rifle and it gave me enough time to run away from Vincent and over to my father.

"Run to the mansion, he won't be able to get you there." My father said and I quickly started running back home to warn mother.

Once I got in the mansion I yelled for my mother until she came rushing down the hall towards me.

"Jewel what's wrong, where's your father!?" She asked with worry.

I was breathing heavily from running so fast that I had to take a moment to catch my breath.

"Vampires....in the forest!"

"What?" My mother gasped. Just then my father came running in through the door.

"I need more silver bullets!" He said as he quickly ran to his study. Mother quickly followed him as she yelled for him to explain what was going on.

He left the outside doors open so I quickly went to go close them but that's when the vampires came! The three girls were circling the mansion from up in the sky and a much larger bat creature which is male came flying down towards me. I screamed and tried backing up but I tripped over my dress and fell to the ground, the creature landed just outside the door and it grabbed my leg and pulled me to it.

"You're mine now jewel." The creature growled in the most bone chilling voice I'd ever heard!

He lifted me off the ground and held me tightly to his chest. I knew that this was Vincent in his vampire form and it was a lot bigger than the females. His hands were the size of my head and his bat wings were as large as the two main front doors of the mansion! his skin was a gray color and it was so cold to touch.

I screamed for help and struggled to get away but it was useless. My parents came rushing to the door and looked in horror as the vampire got ready to fly away with me in its arms.

"Father help!" I cried.

He ran up to us with something silver in his hands, it looks like a silver cross? He stab it into Vincent's arm and he hissed in pain. It looked like the cross was burning into his dead flesh, he quickly pulled it out of his arm and threw it away. Then he grabbed my father by the collar of his shirt and lifted him up to his face.