Being Jessica

Written by @PeaceOff

Genres: Teen Fiction/Humour

Number of reads: 1,408

Discovered by: Critiquing service

Blurb:I suppose people think about love more than they ever should. I'll tell you a secret- love is the cruelest way to get your heart crushed. Love can cause you pain that aches in places you didn't know you had inside you. Jessica is one such victim of love.

Jessica is known as a sarcastic bitch who is mean and out of control at times. Despite what people think about her, she lives in confidence as a lively and proud girl who has the control over her destiny. So if you can't handle her at her worst than you sure as hell don't deserve her at her best.

With a mother who is hardly around and Jessica still trying to let her heart heal after being dumped by her ex with no apparent reason, her life is a mess. Yet through all of it, she has friends who will stand by her side. Little did she know that her perfect life would soon turn into a roller coaster ride.

They say be not afraid of life. Believe life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. But will life have much more to offer than she ever thought?

Own comments: The first few paragraphs drew me into the story. A captivating read.