Therapy Sessions

He could tell they were on to him. They knew something was wrong besides their version of the failsafe mission gone wrong. They knew there was something he wasn't telling them. Something important.

It had been a week since the simulation. Seven days since he lived thirty years of his life mentally, but was simply unconscious to reality for a few hours.

He felt so uncomfortable, both mentally and physically.

He couldn't properly judge length anymore, and he would find himself reaching for things that were clearly out of his (frustratingly) short reach. He would also find himself dodging or ducking to avoid objects that were too far away to have any effect on him.

In costume, he would find himself stumbling slightly, not used to moving with a cape after so many years. He could still use his escrima sticks - thank God - but he had to change his fighting style to match what Robin's style should be and what would fit his teenage body.

He kept his head slightly lowered as he entered the therapy room. He still noticed every detail - from Black Canary's relaxed but attentive stance to the rushing sound of the small waterfall on the far wall. He took the seat opposite of the heroine (not that he had much choice, it was the only other chair in the room) and quietly folded his hands into his lap. He forced himself not to spread out like he used to do with his long limbs; he was too small to do most things he used to do.

"Robin." He still didn't meet her eyes. He barely met anyone's eyes in the League or the Team nowadays. He couldn't handle the fact that they were alive and standing in front of him. Breathing. Living. It just seemed... impossible. "Robin, look at me." Black Canary softly said, her voice soothing.

He lifted his head and met her eyes. His were still hidden behind shades, thankfully, but it still didn't soften the blow.

"Red Tornado to Cave, I fear that I am all that is left of the League."

He closed his eyes tightly before opening them again. He still looked her in the eyes though, but it was still painful.

"I know the affects of the simulation must have been hard on you - "

"We are Earth's heroes now."

"- and that you went through a lot during that time."

"ARTEMIS!"

"It must've been difficult, leading the Team in such a troubling time - "

"You knew, you knew from the beginning why we were really here."

"And if you have anything you want to get out...I'll listen.

"Wally and M'gann...they didn't make it."

His breathing began to increase slightly, but he took several deep breaths. He didn't say anything to the female leader. He simply stared on, like how he had stared at the ceiling in the hospital for hours when he realized no one else made it...

Don't think about that. He softly chided himself.

"Look, Robin, I'm here for you. And others are here for you too. Batman, for example."

"Nightwing. Call me Nightwing from now on. Robin...he was Batman's partner. And with Batman...dead...I can't be him anymore."

At his continued silence and lack of response, Black Canary hesitantly said, "We've been noticing that you've had some... difficulties... adjusting to reality."

"Since when did you get so tall, squirt? I swear it was just yesterday you were just reaching up to my quiver. Now...you're taller than me!"