Chapter 6

It seems that Niall has already grown tired of sitting at home and doing nothing on the weekends. He's always been a person who didn't like spending extended amounts of times at home, even if he has someone there with him. He would become bored and try to look for things to do, which would sometimes lead to him hanging out with friends during the day, instead of going out to the pub at night. Niall doesn't mind, though; his sleeping patterns have gotten a bit better since this new schedule change.

Harry had embraced Niall's schedule, even though he has noticed that Niall does seem to spend even more time working on school work and revising. Yet, Niall does look well-rested and healthier than he did before his schedule change, so it must be having some positive impact. Harry has rarely caught Niall waking up in the middle of the night anymore, which is a good sign.

Now that the students are in their last two weeks, it seems that a lot more students have started revising and getting those final good grades so they can pass, and for some, graduate. There have been multiple instances where Niall has a hard time finding a seat in the library, and would often spend time studying in Bressie's room, or back home. There has also been a few students who have asked him if he'd like to meet up with them sometime so they could study together. Most of them were people he had already studied or worked with before, so he would often take them up on their offers. Yet, Bressie is the only person he would study with on the weekends, since he knows him the best, and Bressie knows his situation with trying to take it easier.

Harry never likes complaining to Niall, as he knows that they have lives outside of each other, but Harry does feel slightly neglected now that the final exams are only days away. Harry knows that Niall would never ask him if he'd stay home from work, and he feels selfish for wanting to hold Niall to his original plan, on spending the weekends just to relax. There have been many occurrences where Harry had been left alone in the apartment on Saturday and Sunday, similar to how it had been before, only during the day this time. Most of Niall's interactions with Harry would be during dinner, or as they're going to sleep.

Much to Harry's surprise, Niall seems perfectly content with this new schedule. Harry could have sworn that Niall promised that the weekends would just be their time to spend together, at least until school ends, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Harry never likes to assume the worst, but he can't help but do so when Niall willingly runs off to study with Breslin.

That Friday, Harry nonchalantly mentions something, "Why don't you stay home this weekend?"

"Hm?" Niall hums, lifting his body from where it was slumped over the table. He had been typing something up for an assignment in his English class, and his body had subconsciously curling in slightly so he was level with the screen.

"You've been working a lot over the last few weeks. I think you deserve a break." Harry leaned against the table off to Niall's side. "You should stay home this weekend, just to rest your body."

"That's what my original plan was," Niall goes back to typing, paying more attention to spelling everything right than answering Harry properly. "But sitting at home all weekend is so boring."

Harry frowns slightly, "It doesn't have to be boring. We could do something, y'know."

"And what would we do?" Niall inquires, although, he isn't really paying much attention as he tries to think of a better word to use in his paper.

"Look, you don't have to stay home. You just seem so exhausted from all your revising, I just thought you might want to rest up for now. Your exams are only in a few days; you shouldn't overwork yourself."

Niall stops typing and looks up at Harry. "I want to make sure I'm ready. Bressie has been helping me a lot."

"I know." Harry replies, trying not to seem like their friendship bothers him any. Harry's not one to be jealous, which he isn't. He's just confounded and a bit envious of how much time Niall is dedicating to his friend. "He's a great friend to you, but sometimes studying hard the night before exams start could make you not have enough energy for the actual test." Harry goes behind Niall and rests his hands on each of Niall's shoulders. Niall's head falls back when Harry begins to massage his shoulders, his fingers working into the knots that have formed in his muscles. "You're so tense, love."

Niall tries to focus back on his work, typing up a few more words, until Harry's fingers work their way around Niall's neck, his thumb still pressed into Niall's collarbone. Harry rubs his neck a bit before pressing his fingers deep in Niall's skin, right underneath the first ridge of Niall's spine. Niall groans out and arches his back, trying to get away from Harry's skilled hands. Harry had pressed right into a knot that has been forming since school started, and a slight bit of pain shot up his spine.

Harry's fingers follow Niall's back as he soothes the spot he had harshly pressed on, rubbing circles into it before pushing into it again. Harry was enjoying this way too much, and if this is the only way he can get Niall to stay home, he'll keep on until Niall's back is clear of all tension. "Does that feel good, sweetheart?" The pet name makes Niall groans, as it just doesn't seem to fit with Harry's sensual tone.

Niall allows Harry to pull him away from his computer, as he had completely forgotten about what he was even writing about. Harry's hand is gripping tightly around Niall's wrist as he pulls him to the bedroom, albeit, the couch was much closer and Niall wishes he had brought him there instead.

"Get in the center, love. On your stomach." Niall complied with Harry's words, stuffing his arms under the pillow and lying his head down so he can see Harry. His lover had crawled on top of Niall, straddling Niall's bum and pushing his shirt up. Niall lifted his upper body so his shirt would come off completely; Harry pushes it far enough so it's over Niall's head, and Niall uses his hands to pull it off his arms and throw the shirt somewhere across the room. He had aimed for the laundry bin, but he feels it landed a few feet short.

Harry eyed Niall's back up and down, searching for a proper place to start. He can see where Niall's skin has tinged red where Harry had worked his fingers before. He decided to start there, finishing off that knot so he could move on. Harry's hands rub Niall's shoulders, searching for any tension. Niall cranks his head so he can see his boyfriend; Harry smiles at him when his fingers find a knot just under his shoulder. His fingers knead the skin, pushing down into the muscle directly.

The massage had continued on for an extended period of time, Harry working all the way down Niall's back to knead away all the tension, leaving Niall relaxed and tired. There were many instances where Harry had found large knots that must have been there for many months. "When's the last time you've been given a proper massage?" Harry asks as he laid down next to the boy, rubbing his back in places where he feels he might have pushed too hard. There are now many red splotches all over Niall's back.

"Mm, never." Niall groans as Harry's hand runs over a slightly tender piece of skin. "I never realised how tense my back was."

"Well, I'm happy I was your first." Harry didn't mean for it to come out so sexually, and he's hoping Niall didn't get the wrong idea. As much as they both love the passion they share during love-making, it just doesn't seem to fit the atmosphere of the situation right now.

"I am, too." Niall rolled over so he could face Harry, leaning forward and kissing his lover. "Thank you."

Harry pulls Niall back after he leans away to check the time. Friday nights are usually when Niall goes out with friends, but Harry was hoping he'd be able to distract him long enough that Niall wouldn't leave. "You're welcome, sweetie." Niall accepts Harry's slight clingy nature, allowing himself to be pulled back. Harry shuffles down in the bed slightly so he can rest his head on Niall's chest.

Niall smiles down at his boyfriend, loving the way that Harry closes his eyes and snuggles into him, Harry's leg swinging over Niall's to hold his body to his own. "Niall?" Harry mumbles, shuffling up a bit so he can see him better. Niall blinks and smiles lightly, kissing Harry's nose, as he couldn't reach his lips in this position. "Would it be okay if I took a nap?"

Niall nods, and it doesn't take long for Harry to shuffle back into his original position, pressing his face further into Niall's chest and embracing his warmth. Niall had caught sight of the time just before Harry pulled him back, and he has nearly an hour before Bressie would be coming to pick him up to go to the pub. He's content with letting Harry take a short nap on him before he leaves.

"I love you," Harry whispers. He's unsure if Niall even heard him, and guesses that he hadn't when Niall doesn't reply.