#6

Idk about you guys but Kevin Love without his beard sorta looks like Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco. Ghaaaad my heart!

//

08 September 2004

Gian approaches George, his dirty blonde hair pony tailed and the smirk on his face visible. It's still early, the sun hasn't risen yet, but here he is hoping that he could annoy her earlier this time.

He's holding a large bowl filled with water and ice. A towel hangs on his shoulder, being a little merciful for her big sister, to let herself towel dry. He counts, whispering and trying not to ruin his prank by laughing out loud, before he splashes the water on to George's sleeping form.

Gotcha!

Gian laughs, wholeheartedly now, and waits for the loud shrieking voice of her sister. Wait, he pauses when he realizes it's his voice, only his voice, surrounds the room. He is pretty sure, in usual days, there'll be George's shouts for their parents. He looks at George who's stare is fixated on the crème dull wall across and frowns. Uh, why isn't she pissed?

He observes his sister and contemplates if he'll give the towel to her or nudge her awake. She's not saying anything like a robot on standby or a frozen zombie. At least, she's somehow okay, he tries to convince himself. She's blinking which means she's okay, well, alive.

He shakes his head. Her sister's jolly and weird, but today she seems like she's just plain weird. It gives him the creeps.

"George?"

She doesn't move. He waits. She sighs before she looks at him, indifferently, her hair sticking on her face, her clothes damp and her grip on the pillow tight.

"What's with you?"

She opens her mouth but no words came out. She looks up the ceiling, sighs again, then she lies on her bed with a thump. "I think Love got the best of me."

He frowns, even more, as he replies, "It's too early in the morning and you're thinking about love?"

George inwardly slaps herself, trying to get herself together. She surrenders, "Can you tell mommy and daddy, I'd skip class today?"

Her brother puts down the bowl on the top of the cabinet beside her bed. "Can't. I gave them the letter, remember?"

She closes her eyes and mentally shouts. As she expected yesterday, after she and her mother has discussed what happened, Gian eavesdropped and saw the letter on her pocket. The principal wants to talk to her parents or else she'll be suspended.

He got the letter, of course, before she can utter a word and gave it to her mother. Her mother, Therese, sighed and didn't say anything.

Her father, Jacob, has a different response though. When she sneaked in Texas, her father hugged her to death after taking a picture of the Tim Duncan signed hotdog. They were worried about her but they cheered her for being independent. Last night, her father laughed.

Gian was shocked and her mother, too. She was about to join his father and laugh when he stopped and said, "You won't be coming with me on Saturday."

She sulked. It was supposed to be the day where players from other school visit UCLA to play basketball. She considered it as a preparation for the big league or the NBA; the state championship basketball game.

So this is what it felt like to be grounded, her thoughts fading far away to something - someone she shouldn't be thinking.

"Gian," she asks, exasperated, "why is Santa Monica such a small town?"