F O U R

"Bells, will you talk to me

"Bells, will you talk to me." Raymond pleaded to his best friend. They'd been driving for over five minutes and the entire time Bella had made a point to not look in his direction, even going as far as refusing to ask for direction to the restaurant they were meeting their dads at and instead choosing to get lost. Raymond had been so infuriated the first minute he hadn't noticed until her small hand was turning a bright ride from its intense hold on the wheel. He'd pleaded a few times before this, only this time it had come out actually sincere.

Bella glanced over at him when his tone changed, lips pursed together as she debated it before rejecting and turning back to the front. With an exasperated sigh Raymond turned his body, "I'm not sorry about confronting him, he shouldn't treat you like that but I am sorry if I scared you. I know you don't like when I'm like that, but I can't help it alright. You're my little sister and anyone who tries to harm you I will swing first and ask questions later."

A small smile fought it was to Bella's lips, and with a reluctant sigh she gave in, "alright fine, I'm not pissed. It's just—Ray you can't lost your temper like that, not here."

Bella was right, she was always right, he thought to himself and after a moment of reluctance a shit eating grin appeared on his face. His dimples were so deep Bella flashed back to their childhood, back when Renee had taken her to New York for Spring Break and she really began to bond with him. He was missing a few teeth back then, but still his dimples never ceased to amaze her, as she came back to the present Bella knew that any ill feelings she had harbored previously were gone and her lips were pressing into a smile of her own.

"Okay Goose, I promise to keep my shit together. And take the next exit, we're already late as is." He replied, leaving her to drive the rest of the way into the small town.

They pulled into the diner shortly after, both teenagers getting out of the car with a slow pace. The female looking over to her friend, "so how did your day going beside that?"

"Well it was going great, although I might have shot that straight to hell with the Edward thing." He mumbled, remembering study hall and Rosalie piercing eyes on him as he threatened her younger brother.

"Oh," Bella questioned, pursing her lips as she anticipated more.

"I have study hall with Rosalie and Jasper, they were both the complete opposite of Edward and Rosalie even offered to tutor me." He offers up after a pause of deliberation, nerves seemed to bundle up in his stomach and throats when he spoke of the blonde. It was the first time this had occurred, how many girls had he spoken to Bella about? How many times had he told her what it was like to fall in love and then out of it? How many female names had passed through his lips and yet this was the only one to cause such a severe reaction. Rosalie was like an allergy to his lips, but in the best way possible.

"Oh," Bella said differently, wagging her eyebrows. "I see now."

He scoffed at her, "you see what?"