S I X

"How on earth are you not wincing in pain?" Bella Swan asked her step brother as she watched the nurse swab his palm with alcohol and then bandage it while the boy didn't at all seem bothered by it

"It's a gift," Raymond muttered as his wound was wrapped and his eyes met her own. Her almond shaped eyes seemed to be calm now, no longer hectic or filled with embarrassment. They had been sat in one of the hospital emergency rooms for 20 minutes now, nurses coming in and attending to both of them. Raymond didn't seem to mind it while Bella's cheeks seemed to redden by the minute. He smiled at, Bradley, the male nurse who finished wrapping his hand and proceeded to exit the small room the two were in. The door shut behind him and Raymond flexed his palm once before looking up to his sister, "so, how are you feeling?"

"Like I need a few aspirin but otherwise fine." She muttered although her stare was far off, looking out the window that led to the halls of the hospital. She was looking for someone, that much was apparent the longer she glared and bit her bottom lip. "I don't think I have a concussion that's for sure."

"It's better to be safe then sorry." Ray answered, he followed it up by a low whistle to gain her attention. The brunette finally turned back abruptly, locks of hair whirling in the air as she appeared to be shocked to be caught. Ray tilted his head and smiled, "who are you looking for?"

"Dads," Bella blinked, a terrible lie that only ended in Raymond laughing.

"You're such a horrible liar, who?" He questioned yet again and Bella glared at his mocking for a moment.

Her bottom lip jutted out before resigning, "Edward."

Raymond had almost forgotten entirely about the accident, the hand imprint, and the look Rosalie had given her twin brother before he had dipped away. All the small details began to connect, forcing questions to bubble into his subconscious and curiosity to peak as he matched his eyesight with his sibling. "Tell me what happened."

Bella sighed, looking down at her hands, "you're gonna think I'm crazy."

"Of course, we are siblings, but I'll believe you." Ray countered dryly, leaning back against the wall behind his cot. The small stitches on his hand slightly burned, a gentle reminder he needed to look before setting his hand down from now on. "Look why don't you start from the beginning."

Bella tapped her small fingers against the edge of her cot, retracing her steps all the way back to the moment just before her life had been on the line. In truth she figured there was going to be at least a few nightmares over the incident but the thing that would likely keep her awake for a few weeks was the obsessive curiosity she felt sprouting over Edward Cullen and his dented handprint into Tyler Anderson's mini van.

She flustered with the paper laid over for her, losing herself in the flashbacks of those brief seconds until Raymond was waving a hand in her line of view, "earth to Bella, I'm growing stale with excitement here." The brunette female shook her head rapidly, swallowing thickly for a moment before her cheeks burned a bright red at the embarrassment, her step brother smiling when she finally seemed to collect her thoughts.