Chapter 2

SEPTEMBER 15, 1717

I feel myself running on an endless darkness. I didn't know why I was running but all I know is I'm trying to escape. Escape from who? Escaping from who's grasp? The question spun around my mind as I keep running and feel tendrils following me. Gripping both my wrist and ankles. I fell down being pull to the opposite direction. I tried to escape from the grip but I couldn't, instead I drifted again. Somewhere. . . .

I gasp in air as I was sweating like crazy. 'A dream. Just a terrible horrifying dream. . . . ' my mind said as I just realize I was laying on a king-sized bed. Very soft, warm and comfortable king-sized bed. A smile spread across my lips and snuggle on the covers smelling very sweet scent of it. As I was busy smelling this very sweet and almost dyable smell, a voice spoke very like a gentleman. "Oh you're already awake. Burn is very pleased that you regain your conscious. " I sit up on the bed and began to search where the voice is coming from but I never seen anyone or someone here in the room. "Oh how rude of Burn. Burn is right down here. " I followed the voice and looked down seeing a dog with black and red fur. It also has a black bowtie on its red fur. 'Fancy for a dog like you. ' I thought as I picked up the seeing him make a grouchy face. "Pardon me but could you please put me down. " he said as my eyes widen quickly letting him go as he hits the floor. I wrap the covers around me avoid giving an eye to eye contact to it. The dog leaped on the bed and sat in front of me facing with a sad look on his face. "Forgive Burn for scaring you mi lady. " he said in a soft and gentle voice. It calmed me down for a bit before he jumps off the bed and went out the room. "The dog. . . just spoke. . . The dog just spoke. I can't believe this is reality. . . ". I stood up from the bed and began to wonder on the room. My feet moves feeling the warm of the carpet floor of the room. My eyes wonder around looking at the antique furniture there, old paintings and some chairs around a big wooden table. Maybe some working table for students in this world's year. I also saw some shelves on the corner, three or four of them with full of old books. My nose feels a bit itchy cause of some dust making me sneeze. " Pardon me. . . " I said while rubbing my nose. The dog came back and looked at me. "Dinner is ready. " he said as he left. I followed him downstairs and saw more old furniture. But this time, the hall, stairs and main room to the dining room are clean. I wonder if there is still someone living here. I reached the dining room seeing a huge long table with chairs around it with same spaces. Walking still making my way to the chair on the end taking my seat. 'Too big for a house and where is the owner of this house? ' question began to pop out a lot as I heard something placing in front of me. I looked at the one who serve and it was still the dog. He sat on the other end of the table and began eating his food. . . . like a human?! I looked at him as he eat his food. I started to laugh quietly the way he eats and he notice it. He looked at me with a confused look but I just couldn't help it. 'A dog eating like a human?! Who wouldn't laugh if they saw this. ' I cough not trying to laugh anymore and began to eat the food serve in front of me. As we both finish eating, he took both our plate and began to go to the kitchen. He pushed a stool near the sink and leap on it. He put the dishes on the sink and turn on the water. I looked at him 'Maybe someone just taught him to do things but the most, how can he talk?! ' I stood up next to him as he finish the dishes and looked at me. "Umm can we talk? " I started as he looks like he smile "You already are talking to Burn mi lady. " he said still that voice. I blushed a shade of punk making him chuckle. "Ahem. . . About things. . . Are you the only one here? I never saw someone except you. Are they away? " I started as he looks away hearing those. "There are no others. Burn is living by himself. Burn don't need someone to live with. Burn can live by himself cause Burn is strong and intelligent. " he said as those words made me frown. "Soo. . . . I will not be here any longer? " I asked him as he was surprised by the sudden words. "What do you mean leave? Yes, Burn is alone but Burn did not tells you to leave. You are very warm welcome at Burn's home. " I see his little dog mouth smile making me smile too before picking him up on the stool for a hug. His fluffy tail wag as he was really so soft. I bet he always brush his hair.