Part 5 (Important verse)

Hello Everybody!!! I'm back again!!!!:D Don't really know what to say here, so go on and read the verse and the explanation! This is an important one!

13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

- Ephesians 6:10-20

Put on the full armor of God, so that you are ready to protect yourself from the attacks of the enemy/devil. It includes the belt of truth, the chest plate, shoes of peace, shield of faith, helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit. The three out of those are already given to us, right when we accepted Christ, the rest, we need to take them. So the first three are,,,

* The Belt Of Truth - Anyone wants to take a guess on what this is? It's Jesus. Jesus is the Truth, wearing the belt of Truth means putting everything on the belt. Everything goes on the belt, everything goes of Jesus. But everything that's true. Jesus is the Truth, everything else is a lie. Where do we find the Truth? Truth is in us, because Jesus is in us!

* Chest Plate - this is our belief in Jesus, the minute we accept Him in our hearts, we are 100% justified.

* Shoes Of Peace - Peace is just the opposite of Satan, so wearing the shoes of peace will be a defense to the devil. In other words, walk where the Spirit walks. We are positioned to spread the Gospel, spread the peace to defeat the devil.

* Shield of Faith - Now this one, wasn't given to us, we need to take it ourselves. The more we read about God, the stronger our shiled of faith becomes. The more we read, the more we get to know our God, and the more our faith builds up. Fight the temptation with the Word of God, just like Jesus did.

Remember the story of Satan tempting Jesus in the desert? When He was there for 40 days, and Satan came up to Him saying, "If you are Son of God, command these stones to become bread." But Jesus answered, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'" So satan seeing Jesus is using the Word, decided to use God's words against,,,,, God's word, saying ""If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is also written: 'He shall give His angels charge over you and, In their hands they shall bear you up, And your foot won't hit against a stone.'" Nevertheless, Jesus knew He was being tempted, so he answered, "It is written again, 'You shall not tempt the Lord your God'" Devil, not giving up, tried to use something else against Him, so showing the wonders of the world, he said, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me." Then Jesus said to him, "Go away, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve."

Isn't it cool how Jesus quotes the Word of God?

Now you see, the more you know God's word, the more you are protected. For Satan will attack in so many ways, that we don't even know it's him, because he uses God's word agaisn't us, tempting us. So be strong, read your Bible as much as you can, so the more you know, the more you are protected.

* The Helmet of Salvation - a personal decision. God gave us the will to except it, or not to except. Now, you might think, why is the Salvation not on the chest, nor our feet, but on the head? Because salvation protects the mind. In other words, the battle starts in our minds. The satan puts evil, or just wrong thought in our minds, and we have to be protected.

* Sword of the Spirit - and this is a direct infliction we can apply to Satan. A defence. We need to keep in step with the Spirit, so we're not walking in flesh. We use our Sword of Spirit to fight Satan, with a direct defence.

If we have put on the full armor of God, we are walking with the Spirit, and we're not yoked to slavery of sin. And that will be another lesson, how keep yourself from the sin, walking with the Spirit.

Did this help?