Dusk before nightfall (To Love Is To Torment thyself)-20

I know sometimes when you have read numerous stories on wattpad, you get jumbled up with names of the characters and their relation. Hence the short note.

Malvin is Chris's dad, Emily his sister. Avan is the female protagonist and Chris' love interest. While Luke is just a friend. So are Alice and Ryan, but also, happen to be lovers as well. Taylor on the other hand is the secret lover of Emily. Mrs. Anna is the cook.

The story as I said last, would be onwards carrying Avan's POV.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Standing, and staring at them wide eyed I sputtered, "b-but, you guys...c'mon, why are you people so hesitant?"

I looked at Chris, awaiting a similar response, but to my surprise, he said, "she is not interested in him, Avan."

Just a moment ago he had said otherwise to his dad. I asked him of it.

"See, she does not like him," he shrugged, "so why are we playing cupid?"

Something was surely wrong with the Adams siblings. Now it was important for me to question him on his silent departure and absence. My suspicions had been piled after I noticed the same man exit their house today.

Mrs. Anna showed herself at the end of the hall and came hurriedly over to Malvin and muttered something to him.

Malvin then looked over to Taylor and me.

"Chris? Emily? It seems Mr. Crome wishes to see us. Meanwhile Mrs Anna could escort Taylor and Avan to the dining table where the rest are seated," he spoke almost casually.

"Surely sir," Mrs Anna said.

I nodded, and we continued walking until we were passing by the main hall and there sat a man wearing an oversized coat. He would have been in his mid forties, but held an intelligent face with a queer look on his face. He had a moustache the shape of an almost handlebar, it was funny, since no one now a days would ever keep them. He looked over at us, and gave me a certain knowing look and then attended Malvin, Chris and Emily.

"Children, you must begin with the dinner. Malvin does not want you to keep waiting, since it may take god knows how long for them to return," Mrs Anna persisted.

"Children? Now if you consider me one, how can we get together someday?" Luke questioned innocently pouting.

Mrs Anna was sure flushing red, and she patted his head, "yes, sure..sure, someday," she laughed.

We remained adamant except for Luke who had some salad.

A little while longer Malvin, Chris and Emily returned wearing a solemn look.

It was Alice who spoke first, " We are sorry for coming unannounced, but you know, we were in a hurry, and it just didn't occur to us to atleast inform you."

The truth is Taylor had suggested we better not, suspecting that they may flee or make up excuses.

Malvin smiled, "You children do not have to pre announce your arrival as such, dear. You are welcome, anytime and anyday."

With the dinner done, Malvin said his goodnight to us and went off to sleep. A while later so did Mrs Anna.

Luke and Ryan were playing a video game in one of the rooms while the rest of us were watching Hangover.

It was decided that I would be sleeping along with Emily at her room, not that they didn't have spare rooms, they did, and a number of them, but I was afraid of the dark.