Chapter 14

Disclaimer: This chapter is made to be entertaining and not provocative, so please leave a calm, yet non-threatening note. Thank You.  

As Christmas came closer, the silver snow that rested upon the castle rooftop, glimmered under the cold morning sky. The lake was frozen solid as Hogwarts awakens to its beauty. But alas, the morning peace could last for only a measly second as the Weasley twins were punished for enchanting snowballs to follow Professor Quirrell around to be pelted at and rebound again off his turban. As for the owls, who bravely flew through the cold, stormy winter night to deliver packages and mail to the students were nursed back to health by Hagrid before flying again.

Not a single soul couldn't wait for the holidays to begin. While the Gryffindor common room and the Great Hall roaring fires kept warmth within its walls, the corridors had become drafty with an icy and bitter breeze that came from the courtyard that rattled the windows in the classrooms. The dungeons weren't any better, especially that Professor Snape's class was located there. The class was so cold hat the students could see their frozen breath rise. The student's had to huddle against the boiling caldrons for warmth and keep their above in the nice warm steam.

Harry's POV

"I do feel sorry for those poor unfortunate people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home," Draco snobbishly said one day in potions class. 

At that remark, stupid and stupider chuckled at the ferret's remark. The others and I knew that the ferret was using his statement to take a jab at me. I ignored his comment and continued to measure my lionfish spine powder. They knew why Malfoy was being a sour muffin. He became more unpleasant after Gryffindor won against Slytherin. Malfoy was disgusted by Slytherin's defeat, he tried to make crude jokes about me getting replaced with a wide-mouthed frog as Seeker, can you bloody believe. Though he realized nobody found it funny because they were all impressed at the way I managed to hang on, which I still don't know how, to his bucking broomstick during the Quidditch match, so naturally, he got jealous and angry and went back to taunting me about having no proper family.

True, I wasn't going back to Privet Drive for the Christmas break, but I needed a break from the Dursleys anyway. I had heard that Professor McGonagall was putting out a sign-up sheet to stay at Hogwarts for the break, without any hesitation, I signed up for a flash. I didn't feel sorry at all; this Christmas might be the best one he ever had, actually. Ron and his brothers were staying, too, because their parents were going up to Romania to visit Charlie. I also found out that the Beilschmidt brothers, the Vargas brothers, Alfred, Matthieu, Arthur, and Ivan were staying as well.

When Alfred, Matthieu, Lovino, the Bad Touch Trio, Ron Hermione, and I left the cold dungeons at the end of Potions, then we found a grand fir tree blocking the corridor up ahead. We saw two familiar humungous feet poking out from the bottom of the tree and heard heavy huffing sounds told them that Hagrid was behind it.

"Hi, Hagrid, want any help?" Ron asked, sticking his head through the branches.

"Nah, I'm fine, thanks, Ron." 

"Are jou zure?" Gilbert asked.

"Oui, I agree vith Gilbert zhat et would be easier if ve 'elp jou vith zhat grande fir," Françis stated.

"Yeh don' have to, I mean, if ya insist."

Sí, señor Hagrid, we insist!" Antonio chirped happily. 

The trio separated into three points to lift the giant fir. Before Antonio joined the other two he turned to Ron.

"Mi amigo Ron, will you help us take the fir to the... um, Hagrid where were you taking this tree?"