Our "Normal" Lives

"What?! You are becoming a student? That's that last thing I would ever guess in a million years, Vegeta." I said as I walked to my motorcycle, sitting on the curb next to it. 

"I want to get stronger, Katarina. I want to achieve those heights Kakarot was able to reach in his battle with Lord Beerus." He said, which was typical Vegeta to a T. 

"Well, I guess that means no more early training times for me while you are gone." 

"That doesn't have to be, Katarina. I could ask Whis if he could bring you too. You are a worthy training partner after all."

"I can't just uproot everything like you can. I have other things to do."

"Katarina, you can, you don't have tons of responsibilities. You don't have kids or a partner."

I stopped dead in my thoughts. Tears started flowing down my face. I became silent.

"Katarina? Are you there?" I got the guts to answer him.

"Is this whole thing about a family just a big sick joke to you? Do you know how you just hurt me with that last sentence? Why are you always to blunt..." I said, my voice wavering.

"Katarina... I don't mean to hurt you-"

"You don't but you do. Especially with the whole I don't have a partner or kid. I would have had a kid if I wasn't so dumb long ago! I would have a daughter, a beautiful daughter that would have loved this crazy family of ours. But I screwed it all up! Are you happy?" 

Vegeta went silent, I could hear nothing but his breathing. I may have went too far, I didn't know yet. He then sighed on the other end, about to speak again.

"Harmony ment a lot to me too. It wasn't your fault back then, you were trying to keep her safe too, as well as keep the Earth safe. You wanted her to have a future, but she never got one. I should have never brought it up."

I could feel the sorrow in his voice. Most people couldn't tell the difference, but I could.  I knew how he is when these sorrow filled moments happened. He doesn't seem to change from one person's perspective, but he does, just in little increments. I guess it was because how Saiyans were on Planet Vegeta, no love,no regret,no feelings, just pain, victory, defeat, and destruction.

"Vegeta, I'm going to miss you when you go training. My training schedule is going to down the toilet, but I think training with Whis without me would be beneficial to you anyway. Maybe I can come another time. Goodbye, Vegeta."

"Goodbye, Katarina. I'll be waiting to hear from you." he said as he hung up. I wiped the tears from my eyes. Now I am going to be Vegeta-less for awhile. 

That was six months ago, a half of a year without the Prince's calls or training sessions. I would occasionally stop by the Lookout and see Dende for awhile. I would practice magic for awhile, then go stop by Gohan and Videl's. I would go and see my great niece, Pan. She was so cute, her jet black hair put in a upwards ponytail, and her smile could brighten anyone's day.

Today, I decided to go stop by to go see Pan. I arrive, not with my motorcycle, but my new bicycle I got not too long ago. I would go on biking trails with Bulma with my spare time, my substitution for my training time I would spend with Vegeta. Vegeta and I didn't really leave on a pleasant note six months ago, but we would be better when he gets back or if I go see him sometime.  

I arrived and saw Videl trying to catch her dad's attention about it almost being Pan's nap time. Of course, she couldn't get his attention at all. She then noticed me at the doorway with Gohan right next to me. 

"Akari, its nice to see you again. Gohan, how was that speech today?"

"I think it went quite well, Videl." Then Gohan went in the room and got wrapped up in same cuteness spell that trapped Mr. Satan. He decided to play a game like he always did, dressing up The Great Saiyaman and spar with Mr. Satan while juggling Pan. Normally, most people would think this was a little rough and that Pan would get hurt because of their roughhousing, but these too had a system when  they would do this. It kinda reminded me of when I trained with Vegeta with the bamboo stilts. Everything happened at a certain moment with precise timing, that takes true skill.

Then Chi-Chi arrived with a huge green sack filled to the brim with things for Pan. She was like the female version of Santa Claus, except with a temper and extremely controlling. 

"Hello, Videl, I have come with more stuff for Pan. How is she?" and she heard the playful giggles coming from Pan who was airborne. Chi-Chi freaked right out, breaking Mr. Satan and Gohan's concentration, almost dropping Pan.

Thankfully they got Pan in time, but Pan was quickly taken away from them as Chi-Chi jumped in the air, landed on the counter with Pan in her arms. She started giving Mr. Satan and Gohan a scolding. Chi-Chi envisioned Pan being a normal working woman that would work in a cubical all day long. 

That was contrary to what Mr. Satan thought how Pan's future should be. He envisioned that Pan would become a martial artist and eventually open up a dojo and become the next World Martial Artist Champion. Maybe even name a dojo after him. 

As if by magic, Chi-Chi had Gohan and Mr. Satan locked up in a room, not letting them see Pan until they decide to become "better" role models. I thought this was a little overboard, but this was Chi-Chi's controlling personality. If I disagreed with her ideals openly, I would end up like Gohan and Mr. Satan. You know what, screw it!

"Chi-Chi, you have gone way too far with your over controlling personality. It's time for me to speak my mind about this."

"If you are going to take the boys' side than you can join em." Chi-Chi said as she looked at me with fury in her eyes.

"Pan should decide for herself, not have it all arranged for her. She should have experences and take life by the reigns, not be a set path. You should just let Gohan and Videl raise their kid and not you."

As soon as I said that I ended up being locked in the room with Gohan and Mr. Satan.

"Thanks for trying to reason with mom."

"Your mom needed a piece of my mind, but I should have been more effective." I said as I paced in the room.

"I'm calling Krillin, he might know what to do." Gohan said as he went to call Krillin. Hopefully Krillin can come to our rescue...