Unconditional

"Mami don't leave!! Please!!" He begged

"I have too, mi hijo. I don't want to, I'm sorry." She hugged them tightly and kissed their foreheads.

She was crying herself. "I'm sorry, I can't stop it." Her feet began to fade away.

"Why do you have to go?" His other son asked.

"It's my time."

He looked scared- no terrified. Tears were running down even more. "Are we going to fade too?" He asked he was shaking now. 

She tried to comfort him, "No, it's not your time yet."  Lightening crashed and he started to tremble and cry even more. She fell to her knees. "I love you both, I know you'll make me proud."

"NO, NO please!!" He begged. "Take me with you!!" He wrapped his arms around his mother. She smiled at him and his brother, "I can't do that, I love you both."

And with that, she completely faded away.

The youngest who looked physically six, started to shake some more. He was looking right at the spot where his mother had faded. "Mami?" The child asked, his voice shaking. Tears started to pour.

"Mami?" He said again.

She had just faded right in front of him. "Mami?"  This time his voice was shaking even more. He was still in shock.

His brother who looked physically ten, came and hugged him. "Mami." He cried into his brother's shoulder. They were both crying, but he was crying the hardest.

"She's gone." His brother said to him.

The doorbell rang, "That's Vovo."  The oldest said, he picked his brother up, walked towards the door, and opened it.

Their grandfather looked at him and his brother sadly, the was still shaking violently in his brother's arms. Their grandfather hugged them both and took the him in his arms, before rubbing circles on his back to sooth him it, worked a little and he calmed down a bit.

"Mami"s gone." He cried into his grandfather's shoulder. "I want Mami."

His grandfather nodded, "It's going to be okay, you two are going to live with me." He said to him and his brother.  

"Mami come back." The boy begged into his grandfather's shoulder.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Mami come back," Spain muttered in his sleep. "Please." He said louder. He was crying and shaking in his sleep.

All of a sudden, he sat straight up, he was breathing heavily, and tears were still falling. He looked around his room, it was still dark. He checked the clock, it was 2:02 am.

He saw his mother yesterday. She came back to his house with him and Portugal.

Wait.

Could it all have been a dream?

It had to be.

But he remembered going to that meeting, and-and what's his name.... Gary! Yeah Gary, and the mist, and the drag-

NO

It was a dream, all of it.

It had to be.

But if it was a dream............

Then the Ancients couldn't have came.

Which meant.

NO.