Difficult meetings

Looking down from atop this giant bolder, I watched the group of white men, a hate brewing as it had when they're kind descended upon my tribe, pillaging and degrading our woman. They had waited until our men were gone, only leaving me to fight. Red harvest had left long ago, the elders telling him his path was far beyond our tribe. I missed him dearly so I jumped at the chance to seek him once again. The elders believe he is in trouble, the told me to follow the stars, follow the Hawks to find my brother... Half brother.

        The men all laughed together, celebrating what seemed to be a great find. Their metal guns being thrown around carelessly, I could kill them all. I watched and a bear of a man looked up at me, connecting eyes for a split second and aimed his large gun at me. I ducked down as he shot and a devilish smile appeared to my face. I got into the position to jump down before hurling myself over the rocks, descending down upon the men.

        One had no idea what was to come and yelled, "shit!" I disarmed the largest one, grabbing the barrel of the gun before spinning and hitting him with the butt of it.

(Goodnight Robichneaux POV.)

         I watched as the lightest red skin I've every seen smashed the end of the barrel into the head of Jack Horne, making him collapse. Faraday drew his gun which she quickly pulled from him and jumped up, connecting both of her feet with his chest, kicking him backward into the rock wall, once again, making him collapse. Her long hair whipped as she moved on to Vasquez and Billy, grabbing both of their heads and jumping into the air before smashing their heads together. They both fell. I had my gun pointed at the woman, as she disarmed Chisolm and flipped him before punching him in the face. Emma Cullen raised her hands and laid down so she wouldn't get attacked. She then looked at me. The feather that was tied in her hair and decorated with beads picked up with the wind as she approached me. She had a stripe going across her entire face, starting at her brows and going to just under her eyes, in red war paint and on her exposed body, she had ink scattered all over. Her top only covering her breasts that tied in two spots on her back which I had seen as she took down the bear of a man that is Horne. Her skirt was two long pieces of hide, tied on both sides of her hip and her hide boots went to her knees.

       "Miss," I said trying to get her to stop walking. She quickly ripped the gun from my hands, throwing it to the side. I looked down at her but in a split second, she jumped up, wrapped her leg around my neck and leaned back, flipping me forward and landing me on my back. I groaned in pain furrowing my brows. She crouched over me, legs on either side with her blade to my neck.

         She leaned down over me and looked my face over. She let out a sigh and leaned even closer, moving to my ear. "You should have killed me, it would have spared many lives."

           The sounds of Red Harvest's Comanche language sounded, making the woman's head shoot up in his direction. She looked astonished as she yelled back but she then pressed the blade to my neck a bit harder. She let up a little when he yelled back. "Bogue?" She asked, the anger in her voice very clear.

          "What are they saying Sam?" Faraday yelled in pain as he sat up. He tried to move to his gun.

"Well," he said, sitting up himself. "Don't move or she will kill Goodie." My eyes widened as the two red skins yelled at each other. "She's his sister," Sam said. "She was sent by the elders of their tribe because they were warned by spirits that he would need her help." The woman pressed down on the knife again as she looked in their directions, Red Harvest quickly yelled at them.

        "For the love of the lord," I yelled. "Stop moving!" She let out a low rumble as she glared down at me. "Well, I'm dead."

         She pulled the knife back and I shut my eyes, ready to accept my death but instead, I heard her spin the blade and put it back in its sheath. "Not today cowboy," I heard her voice whisper sadly and I opened my eyes to see her stand up and hop over me, moving towards Red Harvest. She began speaking her native tongue again as she reached her brother and I sat up, looking to the men.

         "What the hell?" I asked, looking from Sam to the two. Red Harvest had his hand behind the woman's neck and his forehead pressed to hers. "What's happening?" I asked, getting up.

"He," Sam said, pointing to Red Harvest while standing as well as the rest of us. "Just saved all of our lives. But, she's in." Before any of us could say anything, the woman was scaling the side of the bolder, flawlessly maneuvering and she got all the way to the top. Sam looked to Red Harvest and spoke his language. After getting a response, he turned to us. "She getting her horse."

          "How did we not see her?" Faraday said, scratching his neck.

          Red Harvest began to speak and same translated. "She is a master warrior from their tribe. It's amazing she didn't kill us immediately. She hates our kind."

         "She speaks English," I said, dusting the dirt from my pants. "She whispered things to me when she was holding the knife to my throat." Master warrior, huh?

          "Why is she dressed so differently than him?" Billy asked, making me nod in agreement.

           Sam looked to Red Harvest who explained before translating. "She is one of the best warriors in the tribe, try telling her no."

         "So basically, she gets to do what ever she wants," Faraday said.

          Emma rose from the dirt. "She's amazing..."

          "Well, she seems to be eager to help," Sam said pointing to the edge of the rocks where the woman came riding towards us. Her horse was a stallion, gold fur and a black mane and tail, free of all paint, and she was riding bare back.

         "She's pretty hot," Faraday said, resulting Red Harvest to pull a hatchet and point it at him. "No offense."

         She reached us and dismounted, walking to us and we all stared at her as she took her spot beside her brother. "You speak English?" Sam asked as kindly as possible.

        "Some," she said, barely loud enough for us to hear.

         I reached my hand out to her and she looked down at it before looking me in the eyes confused. She slowly took it in her freezing hands. She's just as nervous as us. "It's a pleasure to meet you, miss. I'm Goodnight."

          "Goodnight?" She asked with a raised brow. Her accent was lovely and she nodded. "I am called Harvest Moon," she said, releasing my hand and turning to the rest.

          "Harvest Moon?" Faraday questioned. "Red Harvest, and Harvest Moon?"

           "We harvest souls, when I kill, the moon fills with the blood of the fallen, that and one of the men in my tribe figured I have a large behind, like the moon," she said the last part with a smirk and I couldn't help but chuckle.  "Now, who gets to kill Bogue? Because I just want to talk to him."

         "Well, Ma'am," Sam said. "We will cross the path when we arrive."

         Why did she want to talk to him? That's the question that flowed through my head as we road to the town of Rose Creek. The Harvesters ahead of Billy and me, talking to each other.

          "I'd hide your gaze," Billy said from beside me.

          "Have you ever seen something so magnificent?" I asked quietly.

          Billy smirked under his hat. "Well, everyone has a different opinion, but I'm sure whatever I say won't compare in your mind."

        I looked at him. "You're probably right," I said with a smirk. "Is it wrong of me? She is a red skin?"

         "I personally see skin of the paler variety," Billy nodded.