To the Mines

Ves had hurried off shortly after her interaction with Goodie, as she was unsure if what had happened had in fact happened. Her heart was still racing and it was the next morning. She was doing her best to keep away, scared of what may come up between the two. The last thing she wanted or needed was to find something else she couldn't afford to lose. She already had worries back home and her brother here. This thought however made her wonder, was he genuine in his words and touch? Had he legitimate feelings towards her or was it just he may die in the next few days? She bit her nails slightly as she sat by herself on a set of steps, thinking of how best to ignore her newly developed feelings because all they would lead to is pain, and she did not need any more of that.

She didn't even realize people were nearing her until three sets of feet kicked up a little dust in front of her. She looked up their legs and chests until she saw their faces. Sam stood between Josh and Goodie, hands on his hips. "Mornin," he greeted, his brow raised. "This where you been hidin' all morning?"

She squinted slightly as light poured around them and into her eyes. "Now Sam, what makes you think I'd go to all that trouble to hide from you?"

"Well, I don't know," Sam said, looking to Josh with a knowing smirk.

Josh had one as well, crossing his arms and raising his brow. "Why would you be hiding from us? Or... Maybe it isn't Chisolm and I?"

She rolled her eyes and stood. "That would take way to much effort and none of ya'll deserve all that much, if you ask me." She pushed passed Sam and Josh, walking away from them.

"Where do ya think you're goin'?" Goodie asked. "Things to do, darlin'."

Ves stopped and sighed slightly. "What life threatenin' ventures are we goin' on today," she said in a mocking accent. Turning, she was met with three pairs of eyes on her.

"Goin' to the mine," Sam said. "Need fire power."

"Pass," Ves said, turning again.

"Not an option," Sam said, walking towards her. "You want to be apart of this, you come, if not, get out of town so you don't get hurt." He stopped as he reached her and forced her to turn around. "Are you with us?" He still had a hold on her arm as she looked down and then back up at him. With a nod of her head, he released her. "Then saddle up."

"My horse isn't feeling well."

Sam turned and began walking towards the horses that were 20 feet away. "Ride with Goodie," he said over his shoulder and he hopped up.. "You seem to be getting along very well." She could almost hear the smirk in his voice as she began to turn redder in the face. That last sentence made it clear to her that he knew what had happened. Josh made an 'oh shit' face before following after Sam, mounting his horse as well.

Goodie did the same and rode over to her. As he looked down at her, he could see some cleavage that made a slight blush appear on his face. Her stomach was once again bare but rather than her normal skirt, she wore a part of leather pants, being laced together by strands of leather on each side of her legs, tucked into her normal boots. She looked up at him as he smiled slightly, offering down a and that she reluctantly took. They both pulled and she was quickly sliding closer to him on the back of the horse. "Might want to hold on, Little Lady," he said quietly.

"What? Gonna throw me off?"

He chuckled and slightly kicked the side of his horse, moving to two forward. "Despite what you may think," he said quietly over his shoulder. "I quite like the lack of space between us."

Ves smirked and slowly slithered her hands around his waist. "Just ride, cowboy." She felt the rumble in his chest from his chuckling as they moved a little quicker. They were quickly met by the other 6 men and rode out together towards the outskirts of the town. About a hundred yards away, they all lined up, looking towards the town. Ves scooted back slightly, resting her hands on the horses butt as she leaned back to see the town better around Goodie. "So this is the plan?"