Blood

Ves stood in the center of the town as people ran all over into position. She wore a familiar leather skirt, like before being laced together by straps of leather at her hip, her fringed leather boots reached her knees. A leather top was tied in the back, only covering her chest. Her hair was in two long braids and she was once again covered in a deep red war paint, a stripe going across her eyes and two more parallel to it on her cheeks and forehead, all connected by one going down from her forehead to the tip of her nose. Black ink scattered across her body and she bore her hatchet at her hip along with three more knives.

Emma Cullen cam hurrying over to her. "How long, do you think?" she asked, looking out.

"Not long," Ves said. "You're about to get your wish, I just hope you'll think it's worth it. Go." Emma nodded her head and hurried of to get up onto the balcony with the others.

The sound of church bells made her hold her hatchet tighter as she jogged behind Sam towards the edge of the town, which had quickly emptied. "Do you see him?" she whispered up to him as she reached his side.

He peeked at her from his horse. "Both of 'em." The sound of a familiar war cry made her heart skip. A line of horse came barreling towards them and the trenches. "You scared?"

"Never," she said. She noticed a group seeming to go around the trenches as they all hollered. The sound of an explosion made her take a step back, then another sounded. "Best ready yourself," she said, looking back towards her brother who nodded at her.

Men began popping up from the trenches and killing people off but they still drew closer to the town. "Get ready girl," Sam said before nodding and riding off.

Ves turned and saw a group of men riding into the town. She let out a war cry, loud enough for Denali to hear all the way out. She ran to meet the men coming closer and jumped up at one of them, ripping him from the saddle and as he went down, she whipped a knife with her free hand, landing it in the back of another. "You came to the wrong town," she said while snapping the neck of the man she had just pulled down. She dived forward to evade a shot before jumping on the back of a horse and kicking the man off. She pulled the rifle from the horse and aimed it, shooting the three men on the remaining horses down. She crouched on the horses back and began riding after Sam. She held the horse's mane tightly in one hand, the rifle in the other as she weaved around menless horses. She spotted Sam and saw a man approaching from his blind spot. She made a noise to make the horse run fast, approaching the man from the side. Jumping outward, she dropped the rifle, threw her feet out in front of her, grabbing the man from the scruff of his jacket and ripped him from the horse. She landed on her feet as he rolled to a stop. He looked up and looked enraged to see her walking closer. That anger switched to fear before she landed her hatchet in his head.

Ves looked down the road as she ripped the hatchet from the man's head, splattering blood up the front of her skirt. She nodded to Sam as he rode by, nodding to her. "Head towards the Church! Faraday may need help!" she ran forward, grabbing the rifle off the ground and jumping back onto the Horse, crouching on it's back as she rode. The sound of an explosion made her chuckle as she rode to up to the church. She saw a group of Bogues men grouped in and slowed her horse, standing up and firing her rifle in, killing three men. She heard Josh's pained yell and turned quickly. McCann had just shot him.

"Josh!" she screamed and she threw herself over the wagon from the horse and smashed McCann from his own animal. The two rolled across the dirt, dust flying everywhere. Ves pushed him away as she forced herself to her feet. Vasquez came running out of the church, ready to shoot. "No!" she shouted as she looked at him. He looked at her in confusion. "He's mine. Get Josh outta here." Vasquez took a step back but ducked under gunfire. He nodded, grabbing Josh to help pull him back to the church.