Joking

Ves sat beside Josh and Vasquez in the saloon, everyone laughing loudly, the liquor taking a bit more of effect than anyone would like to admit. "Where them eggs come from?" Josh asked loudly making everyone laugh harder. Ves began wiping the tears from her eyes as she tried to calm her laughter. "A chicken'sass, ya dummy!" They simply laughed harder. "Did I introduce you to my wife?" Josh asked, standing and pulling his pistol. Ves leaned on Vasquez, needing support. "Her Name is Ethel, and I love her."

"Hello Ethel, Charmed," Goodie greeted.

"And," Josh slurred out. "I consider her to be the love of my life. And she is a no-bullshitter, she's a straight shooter."

"Alright," Horne said. "Calm down now, put the gun down."

"Her name is Ethel, and you'll show her some goddamn respect," Josh said, putting the gun away. "It's Maria you can disrespect," he said, pulling another gun, making them laugh. "Don't tell Ethel about Maria."

"Wait, wait wait," Vasquez exclaimed. "My Maria, Cabron? Hmm?"

"You have a Maria?"

"I have three Maria!" Vasques shouted with a laugh. Josh joined in.

Ves didn't see Goodie start whispering to billy so she took a swig of whisky and leaned forward. "Here I am, thinking he meant an actual woman wanted him, I was shocked."

Josh made a face and grabbed his chest. "Listen here, little lady. You could have had me! But you chose Good ol' Goodie!"

"Josh!" She shouted, astonished he just shouted that.

"What?" he asked.

She furrowed her brows. "First of all, I did not chose anybody, second of all, even if I did it wouldn't be you. You're married." her joke made them all laugh.

"What do you mean you did chose anyone?" Goodie asked with a smirk.

She rested her arm on the table and smirk. "I'd hold you tongue good sir, you might just lose it."

Goodie laughed sitting back in his chair. "I don't think you could," he said, crossing his arms.

"Never underestimate us savages," Ves said.

"I don't think we need to worry about that," Josh laughed.

Goodie nodded his head in agreement. This made Ves send a halfhearted glare. "Don't worry, we'll make a lady outta you yet," he said with a wink and she rolled her eyes.

"You're askin' for a hole in your chest, Goodie," Ves said, taking another drink, this time of Josh's liquor.

"Hey!" Josh shouted, taking the bottle from her hand.

"I don't know," Goodie said, leaning forward. "You in the school house in a pretty dress, a delightful sight."

"Don't be makin' fun," Ves countered, pulling a blade and playfully pointing it in his direction.

"He's not," Vasquez said, food hanging from his mouth. "I was in the church and even i could see, Cabron couldn't keep his eyes off you. Or should I say, you chest."

Horne shifted uncomfortably, quickly gaining Ves's attention. "That's not right."

"Jack, he's just joking," Ves said softly.

"No, you deserve respect," He said. "You're disrespecting women with your jokes," he said to Josh.

"No I'm not, I'm making jokes about my guns."

"Same thing," Horne said, shaking his head.

"It's not the same thing."

"Yes it is," Horne said. "No, a woman's a woman, a gun's a gun, in the lord's eye. You talk about guns, you talk about them separately, it ain't right."