Chapter one; Train Like a Bear

( *ATTENTION* this is a complete remake of 9x06. Please don't get offensive if some things are similar. I promise not all of it will be similar.)

    "Woah, Bud." Amy pulled Bear to a stop.
She took her rope and desensitized all around Bear's body. "Good boy."
"So," Jack walked up. "What, are you making him into a roping horse?"
"Actually yeah. Dad needs him for rodeo school." Amy said setting up the dummy cow.
"Well what about Caleb? Can't he do it?" Jack asked.
"Caleb's out of town so I told dad I'd do it." Amy replied.
"So you just do this for your dad and he can't do anything to help?" Jack said.
"Grandpa, its fine. I wanted to do it. He's getting pretty good actually."
"Alright show me what you got."
Amy slowly backed Bear up to the back of the round pen. "Ready? C'mon!" Amy kissed.
Bear was going straight for the dummy. Amy swung her rope then, as fast as lightening, threw it on the horns. As soon as the Amy pulled the rope, Bear made a reaction. Not just any reaction, but a spook. He bucked to the side and threw Amy right of the edge of her saddle landing at Jack's feet.
"Woah woah! Amy you okay?" Jack helped her up.
"Ugh," Amy dusted off her pants. "Yes. I'm fine. I guess we have a lot to work on."
"I can help you. You know give some pointers?" Jack tried to help.
"Thank you but really we are fine. I need him to trust me before anyone else." Amy said climbing back into the saddle.
"Alright then. Holler if you need me." Jack said walking away.
"C'mon boy." Amy went around again.

Georgie was in the kitchen on her phone while Lou came rushing downstairs from Georgie's room.
"Oh my gosh mom! This is insane!" Georgie smiled.
"You're right. This is." Lou slammed an envelope onto the table.
"It- it's not what it looks like." Georgie said.
"Really? Cause not only are they your marks for the year, but you lied to me!" Lou said.
"Well, not really. They said they'd pass them out late this year but, it came. So I hid it until whenever late is. I was going to tell you I promise!"
"Georgie! You can't hide these things from me. It's my job as a parent to receive these. Why did you hide it?" Lou asked.
"I don't know. I guess I'm just scared to open it and see." Georgie tapped the envelope.
"Hunny," Lou sat down. "Whatever is on this report card, is going to be there no matter what we do. Now we'll open it and get through it together. Got it?"
Georgie sighed and reached for the envelope. Her eyes scrolled down the paper as she read. "B-. In math!"
"In math?! Oh Georgie! I'm so proud of you!" Lou gave her a big hug and a kiss. "This proves that this tutor is working."
"Working? No it proves I don't need him anymore. I can totally do this." Georgie said.
"Well hun, you aren't at the top of your tutor journey yet. You know through the summer, get some extra work in?" Lou said.
"What?! Summer!? No! I was already going to do extra credit this summer for science anyways." Georgie said.
"Doing what exactly?" Lou asked.
"Doing clean up day. At the reserve."
"The reserve? I don't know Georgie. Not after what's all happened." Lou said.
"Oh come on! Jade is going to be there. And Ty and Bob have made amends since then. Please?" Georgie begged.
"You can go as long as you tutor with Adam through the summer."
Georgie sighed. "Okay! Fine. I'll do it."

   "Alright Bear. I think that's enough for today." Amy sighed as she tied him up in the barn.
"Hey Amy. How'd training go?" Ty asked coming down the loft stairs.
"It's going." Amy said grabbing her wrist.
"Are...are you okay? Did you fall off?" Ty asked.
"Yeah I'll be fine. It's just a scrape." Amy said.
"Let me see it." Ty said holding out his hand.
"Ty really it's fine." Amy gave him her hand.
"Okay okay I just want to make sure." Ty put her hand down and grabbed the first aid kit in the office.
"What are you doing?" Amy asked.
"Making sure it doesn't get infected." Ty half smiled.
He put ointment on her cut then placed a bandage on it.
Amy laughed.
"Don't tell me this is funny." Ty said.
"No no. It just reminds me of all those years ago when that horse, lisa's horse, bit me. Your doing the same thing now." Amy smiled.
"The only difference is that we are together." Ty smiled.
"Right. Thanks hun." Amy kissed Ty on the cheek then continued to untack Bear.
   "Hey Ty? Ty!?" Bob ran into the barn.
"Bob? What are you doing here?" Ty asked.
"Is everything okay?" Amy asked.
"I gotta show you something." Bob held up a cd disk.
The all scattered into the office to Ty's computer. Bob put the cd in and Ty sat down.
"It's an eagle." Ty said.
"Yeah. And he's hurt. I really need your help getting him before anything or anyone does. He needs help." Bob said.
"W-why can't you just do it?" Ty asked.
"Because I'm jammed at the reserve all day tomorrow with a clean up day for the high school. Georgie is one of the volunteers." Bob said.
"Okay so what's the plan then?" Ty asked.
"Here," Bob pulled out a map. "It's about an hour drive from the reserve. The short cut's here on the trail. It's about four hours on horseback. The nest should be right in here. It should be visible from the ground." Bob said circling the spot on the map.
"Okay I'm coming with you." Amy said.
"Good idea. I'll need help anyways." Ty said.
"I can't thank you two enough. I would but I would screw everything up at the school-"
"It's okay Bob. We are always happy to help. When do we leave?" Ty asked.
"Tomorrow afternoon. A little bit after lunch time." Bob said.
"We'll be ready." Amy smiled.

      At the dinner table, Ty had the tablet with the eagle video playing for Georgie and Katie to look at.
"Wow! The both of you are so lucky to be able to go save this guy!" Georgie said.
"It's going to be pretty exciting." Amy said.
"Man I wish I could go." Georgie sighed.
"I thought you were excited about going to the reserve tomorrow?" Ty said.
"I am. It's going to be great!"
Lou pulled Jack into the kitchen.
"What's wrong?" Jack asked.
"I don't know if I should let Georgie go to this reserve thing. I mean after everything that happened with Ty." Lou said.
"Well Ty and Bob are perfectly fine. If Ty thinks it's okay then I think it's okay for Georgie to go." Jack walked back into the dining room.
"So, you two on a trail ride in the middle of nowhere. Sounds pretty romantic." Lisa said.
"Mm! It does. What a get away." Lou said.
"That's not why I'm going. I don't want Ty to be alone! Anything could go wrong." Amy said sipping her water.
"Right." Lou laughed.
"So you just bring the eagle back and that's it?" Jack asked.
"Yep. The riding part is the only long part." Ty laughed.
"I gotta go. Jade texted me to meet her at the park." Georgie got up.
"Okay be safe. Sweetie!" Lou said.
"Yep!" Georgie shut the screen door.
"Alright. I'm going to write down the directions to the trail so I won't have to last minute tomorrow." Ty said.
"And make sure you two get a good sleep tonight too. You have a long day tomorrow." Jack said.
"We will." Amy smiled and left the table with Ty.