Chapter five; Heart and Soul

Amy:
                I sit close to Ty by the fire. It has to be past ten o'clock by now. As I stare into the star filled sky, I thought about where we should have been by now. In our nice warm bed with fuzzy socks, filled with a good meal, and teeth brushed. Well, we did have Katie's packed picnic. Ty's head rolls towards me.  "Hey Ty." I whisper as a placed my hand on his forehead.
"Hey." Ty said rubbing his eyes.

   "You've been asleep for a few hours now. I've been changing your gauzes here and there."I say hoping to keep him relaxed.

   "Thank you. Is it just me or is it great that Katie packed that lunch?" Ty asked smiling with a raspy voice.

  I giggle. "It came in handy. I saved the granola bars for tomorrow's breakfast. How are you feeling?"

"Head ache, these bruises are killing me, and it feels like a sledge hammer is pounding on my leg. Never been better." Ty said smiling.

  "Hey if you can laugh that means you aren't on the brink of death." I joke.

"I feel like I was almost." He said frowning.

  I bit my lip then I decided to change the subject. "Alright memory check! Your head got banged up pretty badly. Do you know what happened?"

  "I fell off a cliff, then this beautiful woman repelled down to save me," Ty said as I smiled. "Do you know where she went?"

  "Hey! You can go back to bed now." I said slightly nudging his shoulder.

"Ah!" Ty winced.

  "Oh! Oh sorry." I said looking embarrassed.

"It's okay." He said looking at me.

"I'm gonna catch some zzz's for a bit. Wake me up if you need anything. And I mean it. Don't you dare play tough guy." I said pointing my finger at him.

"I will. Night Amy." He said to me.

"Good night." I kissed him.

"Ugh it hurts to kiss!" Ty yelled.

"Really?!" I asked sitting back up.

"No. I'm fine." Ty said.

"Come here." I gently pulled Ty's head close to mine. I gave him my "it's going to be okay kiss."

"I love you." He said.

"I love you more."

___________________________

Earlier that day:

   "Woah! Georgie, slow down!" Adam yelled at the back of the ATV.

Georgie didn't answer. She just wanted to get to the gait and back.

  "Woah! Aha!! This is a blast! Woohoo!" Adam said as they drove over hills.

   The engine started to tick. Tick tick tick tick...

    "What's wrong? Why are we stopping?" Adam said getting off.

"Uh, I don't know," Georgie said taking off her helmet. "It just stopped. I think it's dead."

Adam looked around to see if he could find anything. He saw the gas meter line. It was smack-dab on empty. "Maybe because we are out of gas. You didn't even think to check it before you took it?"

  "I didn't think I had to. Besides you came to so the more weight probably made it die quicker." Georgie said.

  "This doesn't have much to do with me. If you hadn't taken it in the first place we would have-"