Chapter Two; The Journey Ahead

Amy woke up to the smell of coffee and toast with bacon. She rolled over to see Ty, who looked like a chef cooking breakfast.
"Wow. Special occasion?" Amy asked walking into the kitchen.
"Well I want you-I mean us to have a good breakfast before we go." Ty said flipping the bacon.
"Even if it's our last." Amy joked.
Ty laughed. "Good morning." He hugged her.
Amy sighed. "Good morning." She kissed him. "So I was thinking, maybe I could do some more training with Bear this morning before we get the trailer ready? We almost had it yesterday."
"Yeah. We don't have to leave till after lunch. Just please be careful, Amy." Ty said placing his hands on her shoulders.
"Ty I am always going to be fine. Besides it was my fault yesterday. I moved too quickly." Amy sat down.
"So he's freaking out when you pull the rope?" Ty asked setting the coffee cups on the table.
"Yeah. I think he doesn't like the feeling of pulling something."
"Well what if that something is moving?" Ty asked.
"What are you saying?" Amy placed her elbows onto the table.
"Well remember a while ago, I hooked that dummy cow up to the ATV while Caleb roped it? We could try the same thing." Ty suggested.
"Sounds like a plan. I'm ready to try something new with him anyways. Maybe if he gets this down, he'll be able to drag a non-moving dummy." Amy said.
"Alright we'll do it after breakfast then?" Ty asked.
"Absolutely." Amy smiled and cheered her coffee with Ty's.

"Thanks for dropping me off, Lisa." Georgie smiled getting out of her car.
"No problem, hunny. I'm just trying to help your mom with her super busy schedule." Lisa sighed.
Georgie didn't really think about how busy her moms schedule was. "Oh. Okay. Well, I gotta go!" Georgie ran towards the front of the reserve.
"Georgie! Over here!" Jade called her over.
"Oh hey!" Georgie gave her a hug.
"If this is considered credit, man I wonder what else could be. This is going to be awesome." Jade smiled.
"I was pretty excited to see this for credit. I'm glad Ty has cleared everything with Bob because if I didn't do this, I'd have to do science experiments all summer long." Georgie sighed.
"Oh good. You guys are here." Bob came walked up.
"Ready to work." Jade crossed her arms.
"We are just waiting for one more- oh there he is now." Bob said.
"I wonder who it is." Georgie whispered to Jade then turned around.
"Oh no..." Georgie gasped.
Jade eyed Georgie. It was Adam. Adam was the last student signed up.
"You guys know each other?" Bob asked.
"Sadl-"
"Uh yes! Yeah we do." Georgie interrupted Jade.
"Good then that means you can choose your own assignments together. I need llamas fed and skunks taken care of." Bob said.
"We'll take the llamas!" Jade said grabbing Georgie's arm.
"Okay then Adam you are with me and the skunks." Bob said.
"Great." Adam said.
"Okay so contact," Bob handed out radios. "These will keep everything right in place. Just hold down the button here to speak. Hello hello hello, and you just let go. And the message will go to all four talkies."
"Radios use radio frequencies from radio towers to keep in contact so they are more useful than cell phones in an emergency." Adam spewed.
"God..." Jade sighed.
"Okay! Let's get started." Bob said.

"You ready?" Ty called getting onto the ATV.
Amy nodded.
Ty started to laugh hysterically while he drove in circles.
"Ty speed up!" Amy called laughing at him. Bear was chasing up to the dummy. Every hoof that touched the ground sounded like a drum. A four beat drum, like a gallop. Once Amy was close enough, she through the rope on the horn point, getting it right on target.
"Okay I have it! Drop the dummy!" Amy said.
Ty pressed a release button on the atv which would have released a trailer but, in this case, a cow dummy.
Bear was dragging it for a while until he realized that he was pulling quite a bit of weight. He slid to an immediate stop. The stop surprised Amy and forced her body to lean over the saddle horn.
"You okay?" Ty drove up.
"Ugh, yeah. I'm fine. Man does he pack a punch." Amy sighed.
"I would love to go again for the... fifth, sixth time," Ty started while Amy laughed. "But we do have to go. The eagle is awaiting."
"Right. Okay I'll get the trailer ready. My dad dropped off his truck about an hour ago and took yours so we will take his. Lou is making lunch for us so I'll meet you in there in a bit." Amy said dismounting Bear.
"I'll help you." Ty said walking with Amy back to the barn.