Chapter Seven; We Fail and Fall

5:02 AM 10/15/15

"Georgie? Georgie hey. C'mon you have to get up."
Georgie:
I rolled over from hearing a voice waking me up. I groaned as I sat up. I immediately jumped off the couch realizing it was Tim. "Did they come home last night? Are they okay? What happened?!" I spouted off a million questions at once.

Tim yawned. He looked tired. He had a no sleep look on his face. "No, Georgie. They...didn't come home last night. Jack, Caleb, and Bob are waiting for me outside. We are going to drop you off at the reserve. But you won't be there by yourself. Caleb is going to stay and help keep contact since Scott or....Peter.... won't be able to make it. Bob would stay but I need him to guide your old grandpa. Let's get going." Tim basically shoved me out the door.

"W-what about Lou? And Lisa?" I ask jogging with Tim to the truck.

"Lisa is sitting by Katie so she can fall back asleep after we woke her up, and Lou is by the truck."

"Georgie, you stay by Caleb and do not leave the reserve. Do you understand me?" Lou grabbed my arms.

I give a quick nod to tell her I did understand, but I needed to go.

"Okay, I love you." She kissed me on the forehead. "And you all be safe."

"We will Lou." Jack hugged her.

"Just...just get them home. Safe and sound." Lou sniffed.

"We promise, Lou. We'll get them home." Caleb said. "C'mon hop in." Caleb signaled to me.

I hopped in the middle of the back between Caleb and Jack. Tim and Bob were in the front. Bob was giving him directions while I was too busy being smushed. "I have to do this. To get them home." I thought to myself.

__________________________

9:30 AM 10/15/15

Amy: I needed to get more water and food. Not just for the horses, but for my husband, who is weak and very hurt. The horses should be fine for now. Maybe we can find out from the map where we turned wrong. I rushed over to Harley's pack to draw out the map Ty had neatly tucked inside. I drew my finger across the map until I found the little red circle. There was a highlighted path on the way to and back from the eagle's nest.

"Ty?" I ask walking over to him while looking down at the map.

"Mm?" He groaned.

"We took Foyer's Path there and back, right?" I ask kneeling next to him.

"Well apparently not back. We should have been at the rode but no. There wasn't even supposed to be any cliffs on the way. Bob said it was the safest and fastest short cut." Ty said closing his eyes.

"Well on the way there, you can't see it but there is a fork in the trail on the way back. We must have went on that fork not too long from here."

"Wait, we took a fork?" He asked sitting up.

"Well yeah. You don't remember?" I asked.

"I guess my memory is a bit foggy. Can you tell me what happened? Maybe it'll jog the memory." He asked rubbing his head slowly.

I sighed then started. "Well on our way back, about thirty minutes in, there was a fork. You said the fork was on the map so you pointed to the left, which led us...here." I half smiled.

"Did...didn't I say that we came from the left? Haha...I must have had the map up side down." Ty closed his eyes. I could tell he was thinking hard and trying to remember.

I wrapped my hands over my knees. I looked over to the horses, then looked back at Ty. I pondered trying to think of an idea that could actually get us out of this place. Maybe if we could go back to the fork, we could take the other path and finally go and get help. I turn to Ty who was resting against the tree, closing his eyes. "Ty?" I gently rub his shoulder.