Chapter three; Chances

Amy:
My stomach dropped. I thought I was dreaming. I needed to wake up.
"Ty!?" I screamed. I ran to tie the horses to the tree, then I ran towards the edge of the cliff with shaky hands.
I looked over the edge. There he laid motionless. Praying he was still alive, I called out for him. "Ty! Oh no. Ty can you hear me? Please?!" I had to do something. He wasn't moving. He can't be dead, can he?
I grabbed my hair and wiped my tears. I looked at Bear, then he looked at me. I untied him and grabbed the rope from the saddle horn. "Okay Bear," I said wrapping the rope around my waist. "I need to trust you, and I need you to trust me. I need you to help me go over the ledge and help Ty, alright? He could be really hurt down there. Okay ready?"I backed up to the ledge of the cliff. "Okay c'mon Bear lets go." I kissed. Bear walked slow but closer to the edge with every step. It was working. "Good boy! Keep going. come on!" I was almost to the bottom. My heart was racing. I needed to get to him. I am so close! "Oh! Good boy! Woah! Woah Bear good boy!" I did it. My boots landed on the scruffy rocks as my hands did.
"Ty?" I knelt by his head hoping for an answer. "T-Ty. Hunny you gotta wake up. Ty?"
Ty started to move his head. His eyes fluttered open. "Amy?"

Ty:
My head still spinning, I hear a voice. Is it...mom? No. It can't be her. She didn't come with Amy and I, did she? A high pitched ringing noise blasted through my head then the pain of it sprung to my leg. My eyes forced open. Then I see Amy. Her face ghost white. "Amy?" I try to let out with a raspy voice.
"Ty, hey baby," She grabbed my hand. "You're going to be okay. I'm going to get you out of here."
"W-what happened?" I say rubbing my face. "Did, did I fall?" I ask trying to remember.
"Hun you fell off a cliff. Don't worry because I'm going to get you out." She grabbed a rope and tried to help me sit up.
    As soon as I sat up, my head got dizzy. Then a shot of pain flew through my leg again. I couldn't help but scream out in pain. Amy tried to calm me down. My hand gripped a rock to the side. I stared at my leg. I almost fainted at the sight. "Amy," I said panting. "My leg."
"Oh, oh Ty! What do I do?" Amy looked at it.
"Right now? You need to set it." It was a fracture. Not just any, it stuck up out of my leg piercing my skin.
"What do you mean set it? Ty your shin is completely broken." I saw panic in her eyes. I knew what to do. I just needed her to do it.
"Amy," I said getting dizzy again. "I need you to grab the front of my foot and heel. Then you are going to pull up and out as hard and as fast as you possibly can. It might take a few tries but you have to do it or I could loose too much blood." I said hoping she got everything.
"Ty," she said with teary eyes. "I- I can't do this to you! What if I can't do it?" She was panicking now.
"Amy? Amy look at me," I said looking at her the best I could without falling.
"You need to do this. It doesn't matter how many tries. And if I get knocked out? Keep pulling. Pull fast and...and hard." My mind was getting fuzzier by the minute.
"O-Okay." She sniffed.
"It's going to be okay." I said trying to comfort her.

   Amy:
"I feel sick. I couldn't do this to him!! And if I don't get it the first try, what then? Do it again? He's already suffered a fall. W-why did I go with him? I probably distracted him and now we are lost in the middle of a mountain. Mom please tell me what to do." I thought to myself.
"It's going to be okay." Ty said looking at me with pain.
I've never seen him like this. I have to help. I got to.
"Okay. Ty? I'm going to do it. Now you stay awake for me. Don't go out if it yet," I said as I grabbed his foot. "Like you said, fast and hard, right?"
Ty hissed through the pain of his leg being pulled up. "Yes. Ah! Yes." He nodded placing his back against the cliff wall.
"Okay," I was feeling a little dizzy myself. "On three. One. Two!"

SNAP.
___________________________

Ty:
My eyes pulled open. I couldn't hear anything. Everything was ringing. Everything was bright. Like a star. I saw a figure. She was so familiar. The brightness faded and I saw Amy take my hands with tears in her eyes. I wondered to myself, "Why is she crying? What happened?" Then she took my head and placed it down on the rock. What was she doing? Why was I on rocks? Then it came to me. My hearing came back and I found out I was yelling and screaming in pain with tears streaming down my face. My leg. That was it! It worked Amy did it. It hurts like hell but it's nothing I can't handle. I calmed down from the yelling and started to moan and hiss through it.
"Ty, Ty hunny. It's set. Your leg I set it. Please don't cry." She brushed her fingers through my hair.
"Oh Amy," I started trying to catch my breath. "Thank you." I wiped my face with my hand.
"I'm just glad you're going to be okay. We need to get back up there and see if we have any bandages that we can wrap that up with."
"There is a little first aid vet kit in my pack. It should have some things in there." I said.
Amy stood up to grasp the rope. It was too high to reach. "Bear! Bear come back buddy come here!" She kissed and clicked for Bear to appear. As Bear got closer, the rope lowered. "Good boy Bear! Ty, how...how should we do this?" Amy looked at me.
"Uh...you go up first, Amy. Before you go could drag me to the side of the cliff so I can, agh.." I winced. My leg still hurt the same but at least it wasn't piercing my skin anymore. "Grab the rope." I finished.
"Okay. I promise I will be right at the edge to help you." She said as she helped me to the side. "I love you."
"I love you too." I say getting dizzy again. I laid my head down and waited till the rope would come back.

Narrator:
Amy tightened the rope around her side then grabbed the rock wall. "Back Bear." She said calmly.
Bear slowly moved back carefully listening to the voice cues Amy was giving him. Putting full trust into the horse, Amy continued to cue him. "Good boy. Back Bear. Back. Back. C'mon. There you go back. Good boy!" Amy reached the top. She climbed over the ledge, back to the top of the cliff.
"Ty I'm throwing it down!" Amy said looking down at Ty.
Ty slowly grabbed it and placed it over his head. He took the rope and rock as a support to stand. "Amy?" Ty said weakly.
"Yeah I'm here Ty."
"I, I can't stand. Bear is going to have to pull me. You'll need to help him." Ty said grabbing his bleeding leg.
Amy nodded rushing to the side of Bear. "Back Bear. Back. Let's go. Back. Back. Good boy." Amy backed Bear up slowly. "You doing okay?" Amy called to Ty since she couldn't see him.
"I need to get this leg wrapped. It...it really hurts. I'm real dizzy." Ty winced.
"I know I know hun. I'm going to get you out of here. Back Bear. Back!"
Amy continued to pull the rope until she saw Ty. "Woah! Woah! Good boy." Amy ran to the edge to help Ty up.
"You're okay. You're going to be just fine." Amy kissed Ty on the head.
"Does Harley still know that lay down trick? We should get into the woods before I fall again." Ty tried to laugh but realized it hurt way too bad.
"I could try. He should remember it." Amy said going to grab Harley. Ty's eyes tried to follow Amy when she went to get Harley, but he couldn't keep them open. Everything got dizzy then the whole world turned black.

___________________________

    Amy:
            Ty has been out of it for five minutes now. I'm getting scared and he's loosing his blood. I've already managed to drag his body onto Harley. Now, with leading all three horses into the forest, it's going to be a hassle trying to stay together.
  I finally found it. The perfect spot. I immediately tied the horses to a tree and went to see Ty. "Come on Ty you have to wake up." I'm doing it. Just going to use the last of his water. We'll still have mine. I gently poured it over his dirty, bloody, sweaty face.
He gasped then grabbed the side of the saddle. "A-Amy!" He yelled.
"Hey hey! Shh. It's okay. I'm here. I'm right here. Let's get you onto the blanket now." I said slowly taking him off the saddle onto the blanket.
"Agh!" He yelled out.
"Sorry. There you go." I kissed his forehead.
"Amy you...you gotta wrap my leg. It's going to get infected." Ty panted.
"You don't worry about that. I'll take care of you. And afterward I guess Katie's lunch will come in handy." I say trying to cheer him up.
Ty chuckled a little but his smile faded.
"In my pack, there is gauze, cleaning alcohol, gauze tape."
I ran to get the things from his pack. "I just brought it all incase we need anything else." I say kneeling by his side.
"Is the eagle-" Ty said trying to sit up.
"The eagles fine," I let him back down. "His cage is on the ground. Just relax."
"I think...I think I'll lay my head down until the dizzy spells go away." Ty winced.
I feel so awful. I want to give him a hug but he has bruises all over his stomach and back. The only thing I can say was it's okay. But it really wasn't. How are we even going to get out of here? We have no cell service, no walkie talkies, and no signal to tell anyone we are out here. What am I going to do?! I can't sit here and watch him suffer. I don't know what to do. Please mom, tell me what to do!