Chapter 10

Gilbert's POV

  "What do you mean you still don't know where (Y/N) is? It's been a week. Scar holders are going missing like they're free samples, and you still don't know where they are?" Gilbert couldn't help but yell at Kevin. He needed to get the worry out of him, and they only way he could think of doing so was by turning it into anger.

  "We're doing our best." Kevin shot back. "But you have to understand, it's not all about (Y/N). (She/he) made (her/his) choice. Accept it! We have bigger problems."

  Gilbert took a step back looking at Kevin with wide eyes. He had never actually yelled at anyone before at least not what Gilbert knew. But here he was yelling at him. It shocked Gilbert.

  Gilbert was about to speak up, tell the other he was wrong. But he held his tongue for once. Kevin couldn't understand the heavy feeling in Gilbert's heart knowing you weren't well. The worry that you were dying. The pain and fear that if you died he would soon follow. The idea of death terrified Gilbert but not as much as loosing you.

  Gilbert didn't understand it. Yes, he had had strong connections with his scar holders before, but never had he cared for one as much as he cared for you. He didn't really understand why. What made you so different from the rest?

  Was it the way your hair seemed to shine in the sunlight? Or the sparkle in your eyes every time you saw him? Maybe even the way your smile seemed to brighten up his day. Gilbert really had no idea what it all meant, all he knew was he had to get you back before something happened to you.

  "Fine, I'll go look for (Y/N) myself." Gilbert hissed starting for the door. His jaw clenched so tight it hurt his jaw a bit. But right then, he didn't care.

  "But you're not healed all the way yet." Kevin said trying to stop Gilbert from leaving. He tried to block his way only to be pushed to the side. Gilbert didn't care that his wound was still healing, all he knew was he had to make sure you were alright and safe.