Chapter 13

Breathing heavy, fighting against the arms that held you back, you found yourself wishing for another shot to hit the man who stood in front of you. You had beaten him pretty badly, he was sure to be bruised in the morning. You would have gone farther, having more fight in you, if it weren't for the two men that held you now. They had grabbed you, and forcefully pulled you away from him.

  "(Y/N), that's no way to act towards your father now is it?" He asked, casually straightening out his clothes as he did so.

  Upon hearing the words you froze, a glare still on your face as you looked at him. "Father?" You hissed before barking out a laugh. "Nice joke, but my father is dead."

  "Dead? Is that what she told you?" His face showed signs of hurt, but his tone gave away nothing. "Well I guess that's what the skank would would tell you."

  "Shut up!" You screamed angrily. "Don't you dare talk about my mom that way!" You started to fight against the two holding you once again, nearly breaking free. You wanted to hit the man badly after all that he had just said.

  You didn't know whether this man was really your father or not. After all he looked quite a bit like you, the same hair colour and everything. But if he was really your father would he had tried to kill you when you were only seven? Would he have killed your mother? That was not something your father would do. Or at least you hoped it wouldn't be, since you never actually met your father since he had died while your mother was pregnant with you.

  "But surly you want the truth. Unlike how your mother kept the truth from me. She didn't tell me about you. I had to find out for myself. Which I only found out about you the day you turned five. The day Gilbert decided to show up and pay you a visit."

    Hearing the words leave his mouth you glared even more. How did he know about that? The only people who knew about that was your mother, Gilbert and you. Or at least that's what you had thought.

  "Gilbert, that son of a bitch, took you away from me. I was so close, and yet he ripped you away. Took away the chance of me meeting my (daughter/son)." 

  "He saved me. You were going to do nothing, but kill me. You wanted to kill me, just like you want to kill the rest of the scar holders." You yelled, angry at the man who kept insisting you were his (son/daughter). What parent in the right mind would try to kill to kill their child?

  You hadn't realized you had spoken the words aloud until the man spoke once again. "It was your mother that tried to kill you, not me. Yes, I was looking for you, and you saw the knife in my hand, but it was to protect you."

  "You're lying! My mother would never do that. She loved me. And I loved her. Still do." You took in a slightly shaky breath, making sure to keep the tears and emotions down as far as you could. You were afraid he was telling the truth. But hes not, you told yourself. You were not going to show weakness to the man that killed your mother.

  He opened his mouth to speak again but instead of his voice that came out, this voice belonged to a female. "Zachary, that is enough." A voice broke through the shouting around you, causing everyone to stop. Hearing the voice, you could feel your blood run cold. This voice you had heard only in your dreams since you were seven.

  "Mother?!?!"