Chapter 17

He looked down at you and smiled lightly. He leaned down so he could look into your face. He reached his hand out and you let him trace the white scar on your cheek. "The first one always hurts the most."

  Back then you never realized how true those words were. You had never understood how wise Gilbert had sounded in those moments. Whether he realized it or not, you didn't know. He had probably just been talking about the first scar to appear, not realizing that what he said could qualify in many other things.

  The first time you lost someone? Terrible. You had cried for days. You had believed she was dead. You had missed your mother dearly, but clearly she hadn't missed you.

  Knowing that broke your heart. It was your first heartbreak that had ever happened. Yeah, it hurt when Gilbert went to war, but you wouldn't consider it a heartbreak. Your mother living without ever trying to get in contact with you is what did.

  The first time you were betrayed? Again that was on your mother. She had betrayed you and the love you had for you. She had tried to kill you. If not back when you were seven, the she had defiantly tried now. As far as you knew at that moment, she had succeeded.

  You couldn't feel anything. All you saw was black. You felt as if you were floating around in this empty space, whatever or wherever that was. You tried to reach out for something, but felt nothing. You tried once again, only to realize you didn't move. Or course you couldn't, when was anything ever in your favour anymore?

  You wanted to give up. You were defeated. What did you have to fight for anymore? Everything seemed lost.

  "The first one always hurts the most."

  Gilbert.

  How could you be so stupid? Of course you had a reason to fight, and Gilbert was one of them. You would always fight for Gilbert. He needed you. You couldn't give up on him.

  There was also all the other Scar Holders. They were probably afraid and in danger. You had to stop this. You didn't know how, but you had to do it somehow.

  You tried to move, tried to get up, but nothing happened at first. Of course it didn't. You tried again, and some how managed a twitch. You were getting somewhere with this! You had to keep trying, keep fighting. If it wasn't for yourself, then for the other Scar Holders. For Gilbert.

  "Get him more morphine." The words seemed to be cluttered and in the back of your head. A tiny whisper from somewhere you didn't know. Was that Ludwig's voice? "Kevin, what is taking you so long?"

  "I've got it right here." Kevin said. It sounded like he was getting closer. You didn't know what exactly what he was doing, but it must have had something to do with the morphine. You didn't like the thought of him using the morphine on you. You had a strange feeling that Gilbert wouldn't like it either.

  "No!" You yelled out before freezing. That couldn't be possible. It had to be you imagination. Maybe it was just a coincidence. Clearly you and Gilbert had just spoke at the same time.

  But you weren't with Gilbert...

  "(Y/N)?" Kevin asked at the same time Ludwig said, "Bruder?"

  "What?" It happened again! Gilbert and you talking at the same time. But it wasn't just speaking at the same time. Your voices were mixed together, dancing to create a soft tone. One you never imagined you would ever hear.
"Why? How? I don't understand."