Chapter One

A buzzing in my head welcomed me from my temporary getaway. Sleep is slowly leaving my body, awareness taking over. The moment I peel my eyes open like a newborn child who slowly take in every detail in sight, darkness surrounded me without a ray of light giving away my place of confinement. I am surprisingly lying on a very comfortable bed with nice, soft pillows with a scent of lavender.

I sat up, reached up my face trying to feel the bruises I have. The pain is gone and not a single trace of any damaged skin is felt. It's unbelievable but I took it as good news that I wasn't hurt badly like I used to think.

One by one, I lift and slowly swung my legs to the edge of the bed, lowering and planted each steadily on the floor.

Wiggling my toes, I buried my feet on the plush carpet. The material itself is quite valuable in texture. I bet this must be really expensive and rare to find.

I just stood there. Loving the feel of the material. Acting like I'm having a sort of fetish with the carpet when I have regained some of my disturbing thoughts. Coming up with questions to where have I possibly bought this possession. My eyes widened when I can't even recall I owned such a thing.

My feet seemed to break me from my trance, automatically taking two rush steps forward. Looking up left and right, blinking and hoping for darkness to cease and light would enter my eyes.

A ghostly sound made me whipped my head back. Turning my whole body to examine the source.

Darkness..

Pitch black..

Nothing seemed different. I'm about to turn around when something glowing caught my attention. It's small like a size of a button, a ring surrounding the center, didn't go unnoticed in this room consumed by the frightful color.

My focus is solely on the unidentified thing when it blinked!

That's when my heart went to my throat. The erratic beating consumed me, the pounding filled my ears. A deafening sound endlessly ringing, leading a soft headache to form. Taking a cautious step back, pausing, I continued my steps when the object or whatever it is, doesn't seemed to catch what I'm simply doing. All the while not even tearing my eyes from the glowing orb that could possibly start its assault the moment I lose focus.

I reached the wall, lifting both arms to feel the surface. My right hand felt something hard that I gripped, feeling for something that I could use against this-this thing! Whatever it is, if it ever tried to attack me.

The glowing orb is somewhat staring right back at me. Suddenly the orb shifted and another one appeared, then it blinked! Again! I almost jumped with what I just saw. My trembling hand fumbling with what I presumed is a wooden table, found what I realized is a lamp and immediately turned it on.

The abrupt change in lighting overwhelmed my eyes, adjusting, I blinked for a couple of times and refocused my attention on the orbs I saw earlier.

Eyes!

A pair of golden eyes trained on me made me freeze. I made a mistake when I blinked cause when I did, those golden orbs are no longer on the bed but merely few inches from me. As instincts finally kicked in, I closed my eyes and screamed the life out of me.

Someone's harshly shaking me yelling incoherent words above my own voice. My throat is beginning to hurt but I pushed myself further with the thought that this might be the only thing that could save me, I have to hold on for dear life.

A loud pang and a prickly pain surprised me, ended my screaming. Opening my eyes, my hand shot holding my left cheek to the part where a burning sensation lies.

"Now, whose awake? " A hint of irritation is visible on the tone of a girl's voice.

I looked up and saw a girl in her early twenty's with amber eyes and curly black hair. I sat there gaping at her without a word, just staring at her. She cocked her head to the side as if expecting a response from me.

The action caused tendrils of hair to fall out in front of her face, adding to the mysterious impression she seemed to give off. I find it appealing, as a matter of fact. She is gorgeous in her own way with full red lips complementing her pale skin.

I opened my mouth and chose my words. "I-I uh." I choked, my voice like sandpaper.

Clearing my throat I continued. "Do I know you?" I stated looking straight into her eyes. My voice still hoarse from screaming.

It confused me how she looked surprised with my words. Couldn't handle her scrutinizing gaze, I lowered my eyes and hung my head low. She didn't reply for a good 5 minutes. When she decided to speak, she cleared her throat before she did so.

"I'm sorry. This isn't what I expected." I guess that made me feel lot better knowing I'm not the only one confused and completely dumbfounded.

She seemed to be thinking deeply with how her eyebrows are knitted together as I took a glance before looking down and focused on my fingers as if it's the most interesting thing I have ever seen.

I can feel her uneasiness also making me uncomfortable sitting just in front of her. Not knowing what to respond, I kept my mouth shut, waiting for her next move.

A loud music suddenly came blaring, startling both of us making me flinch while she muttered some colorful curses. She immediately fished her ringing phone out her pocket, tapped it and pressed it against her ears.

"What the hell woman!" She exclaimed and added, "I swear I almost-". She suddenly paused then her face morphed with disbelief. "W-what?" She rose to her feet putting her other hand on her hip. I just sat there eyeing her movement.

Without another word, she sprinted to the door and rushed out never looking back while I remain staring where she was before.

That's just when I looked around the room. A large glass window is left open, providing sufficient light. A bedside table is present where a lampshade lies with an empty glass of water and a pack of cotton balls.

On the left side of the room is a plain white door, an exact same thing is on the opposite side of the room, probably the other is the bathroom and another one is the closet.

When I looked straight in front of me, the ajar door stoke my curiousity to take a quick peek and break on a run for the opportunity of freedom.

Moving from the bed proved to be painful with the green and violet bruises decorating my body that I discovered when I lifted the oversized shirt that I presumed they made me wore. The big bruise on the back of my thigh is clearly visible even within fifty meters.

A couple of cuts lined down my forearms and scratches on my shoulders. After checking myself for fatal blows, I proceeded on walking towards the door leading outside. Every careful step I took brought pain, raising the questions in my head.

I don't know how I got these sets of injuries or even how I ended in this room. This room doesn't look familiar at all, everything seems new to me. Even the girl earlier. Her face doesn't ring any bell, but I feel so comfortable with her presence that makes me forget that she's still a stranger with no name.

I reached the door after struggling with each step. Gripping the handle and leaning in for support,I poked my head out and took in the surroundings. The hallway is narrow with old bulbs planted on the walls, hardly provide enough light. The floor is made of pure mahogany that stretches along the long dark hallway.

Pulling my body out the door, I looked both directions where someone might possibly crash in. Before I could even finally take off, two voices echoed in the hallway shaking my insides with panic. I darted back to the room where I have woken up and closed the door not feeling the pain from before with adrenaline rushing in my body.

Voices that were having an argument could still be heard inside. My eyes almost bulged out of my sockets when the voices stopped exactly outside my door as someone held the doorknob from the other side.