Chapter Four

Plenty of thoughts flooded my mind as the realization hit me like a truck. My senses got dulled, only his name appeared clear. My heart started pounding hard, my breathing accelerates feeling the air go thin, making it hard for me to breathe.

I tried calming myself. This is not the perfect place to release my outburst. I have to get answers to my questions, to clear the mist that's clouding my mind.

A clearing of throat caught my attention, drawing my eyes away from his mesmerizing ones. My eyes found Angie's blue orbs.

"You okay?" She asked, worry evident on her beautiful face.

"I-I'm f-fine." Stuttering, I forced a smile.

Heck! Why the hell did I stutter? I sound like a loser.

Angie doesn't know about the nightmares and the voices I heard in my sleep. It's been over two weeks since we became friends and I'm still not sure if I could trust her. We attended the same college and have some classes together.

Though she treats me as a real friend, I can't help but be cautious. I have doubts about this whole amnesia thing, I can't trust anybody that easily.

I admit she's slowly breaking my walls, planting a connection that enables her to affect me in such a way. It's very hard actually. The way she told me her secrets, her dreams and fears while I contemplate whether to confide my situation that she might possibly understand. The questions that she might help me find answers to.

But I can't risk it. And I'm really sorry.

It's doesn't mean that I'm not a good friend or a true one because of that. Me treating her as a friend is genuine, minus the things I wouldn't dare share, of course. I'm just waiting for the right time, when she proves her intension is pure, I would tell her. Eventually.

Going to college is actually my choice and it took a lot of convincing and persuasion for them to let me. Them, I mean Mira, Drake, Fray and two others. They're basically trying to control my life after 'saving me', like I'm not of legal age and couldn't take care of myself.

And Drake, the scary dude, he acts as if he owns me. Seriously? The way my skin crawls when he's around or just hearing his voice simply signifies my distaste in his presence. How could he be my boyfriend before I lost my memories when he's acting like a complete dick?

My thoughts are dragging me in a different dimension. Heaving a long sigh, I focused on the situation at hand.

"Would you like to eat something?" Angie asked no one in particular, she must have sensed the tension in the air.

Bane is quick to her rescue. "Good thing, you asked. I'm actually starving." He said as he rose to his feet.

Angie giggled and turned to Trevor's direction. "What about you? What would you like to have?"

"Coffee and a slice of chocolate cake would be great." He said in a monotone voice while leaning back on his chair.

She looked at him as if he'd grown two heads then, looked at me.

"What?" Rolling my eyes, I asked.

She beamed at me. "He didn't strike me as a chocolate guy. You two have something in common." She exclaimed.

Oh dear. She's setting me up with this guy. I admit he's very attractive, but I've got bigger issues here.

Angie stood up, they must be heading to the counter to order. I rose to my feet to join them when she stopped me. My brows furrowed in confusion.

"What are you doing?" She asked dumbly.

I looked at her skeptically. "To the counter? To order?" I said a matter of factly, my hands forming gestures.

"I'll order for you. You stay here with Trevor." Regarding the guy who cooly sat on his chair, all the while giving me a very alarming narrowed eyes. Linking her arms with Bane, they left in a hurry.

It's very embarrassing, I don't want to be stared at. I could feel the heat of his gaze traveling all over my body, obviously checking me out. My body seem to react to every trail of his eyes even without any physical contact.

My skin tingles, excitement flooded over me along with the anxiousness and confusion. Who is this guy? What did he do to me? Why do I feel this way?

Questions after questions popped inside my brain. I don't know how to answer any of it. Maybe this guy can. The thing is, I don't know how to start without looking like an idiot and a certified lunatic. I might be wrong in my speculation, there's a possibility that he's not the guy I heard before.

But, I have to try. I need to do something to uncover the truth, and what really happened to me.

"Do I make you....uncomfortable?" He dragged the last word as if he's unsure himself.

My phone on the table beeped. I checked it and saw that Drake sent me a message.

Where are you?

I tapped reply and told him I'm at the coffee shop at Beige Street, then sent it. Afterwards, I put the phone back down.

"Busy?"

The sudden sound of his deep velvety voice made me flinch. There's a hard edge on his tone as he said that single word.

I looked at him abruptly. "What?" The coffee shop is getting more crowded, my mind wandered around. Catching an glimpse of Angie and Bane who are still on the line.

I whipped my head at Trevor's direction. My eyes inspecting his orbs. Cursing in my mind when his gray eyes looked back at me.

That can't be! I swear I saw his eyes glow. The gold overpowering the gray, a flash of that bright color is noticeable on his dark face. I bit my lip, checking if I am fully awake or if my sleep deprived self is playing tricks on me.

His eyebrow shot up, lips twitching as he fight a smile from showing. "Have you finally noticed my presence now?"

Oh, the nerve! Is it just me, or this guy is really cocky? I didn't answer and just rolled my eyes. Picking up my phone when it beeped thrice consecutively.

"Are you just going to ignore me? We could actually talk you know." Trevor said. Trying to take my attention off my phone.

I ignored him and read Drake's message, twice. Not bothering to reply on his first message, I moved onto the next.

I observed Trevor's movement on my peripheral vision. He leaned in and put his clasped hands on the table. "If you like texting very much, I could give you my number if you like."

That's it!

"Guess what?" I said in a sickly sweet voice with a smile on my face. My heart hammering in my chest, nervousness building up inside me.

He smirked. "Now, we're talking."

I stood up which surprised him. "Sorry to burst your bubbles, pretty boy. But, I have more important matters to attend to."

He open his mouth to speak but decided against it.

"Tell Angie I'll call her tonight. Bye." I said and playfully gave him a wink before sauntering out of the establishment.