Chapter 8: Going Undercover

It was night time now and Skye fell asleep on Chase's shoulder. Chase fell asleep afterwards as well, then all the pups fell asleep now. Robo-dog continued to drive until they got to Manhattan Island.

6 hours later

    The pups woke up and noticed that they were in Manhattan Island. "Whoa!" said Zuma. "Whoa is right Zuma!" said Chase. Robo-dog parked the air patroller near a giant building and the pups got out. The pups told robo-dog to make the air patroller invisible so no one else sees it. "Come on pups!" said Chase as all of them headed to the building.

    "Lets split up pups, Marshall and Everest, Zuma and Rosie, Rocky and Tundra, and Skye and I. "You got it Chase!" said all the pups. The pups headed inside and split up, Marshall and Everest found Alex Mercer but made sure he didn't see them. "Phew! That was close!" said Marshall. "Yeah, we've got to warn the other pups!" said Everest. "Ok you do that, and I'll see how we can get to where Alex is going without getting caught." said Marshall. Everest told the other pups that Alex was nearby, and they told her thanks for warning us. Marshall found a vent and whispered "Everest, this way!" Marshall and Everest then went through the vent.

   Zuma and Rosie were in the main room in the center of the building where the ceremony was going to happen. "We just have to make sure that Alex or the attacker doesn't see us." said Zuma. "You got it Zuma!" said Rosie. Zuma and Rosie walked over by a door, and someone walked out of the door and Zuma and Rosie entered in.
Zuma called the pups with the microphone and said "Pups we're in this room and it's pretty nice!" "Alright Zuma but make sure you get that virus and Chase and I will try and find the attacker." said Skye. "Not a problem Skye!" said Zuma.

   Rocky and Tundra were already in a vent, and saw Alex Mercer below them. "SHH!" said Tundra. Rocky nodded and listened to the conversation. "Well, have any of those pups showed up?" said Alex. "No sir, not yet!" said the attacker. "Good! Now I'm going to go make a speech at the ceremony, but I'll really be spreading the virus and killing everybody in this building!" said Alex. "Yes sir!" said the attacker. Rocky said "Come on, we've got to hurry!" Tundra nodded and followed him.

   Chase and Skye were in this room and they saw the person who has been attacking them. "Skye look!" said Chase pointing at the attacker. "It's the attacker!" said Skye.

   Chase went behind the person and then tackled the person. "Alright, we've had enough of you! Who are you and why are you doing this?!" said Chase as he knocked the mask off. The mask fell off and Chase and Skye were shocked to see who it was. "CARLOS?!!" said Chase and Skye. "That's right you two!" said Carlos. "But you died, Evil Chase sliced you in half!" said Skye. "Yeah, and Alex Mercer brought me back to life and said I had to help him spread the virus and kill everybody on this planet, including all of you pups!" said Carlos. "Then two of Alex's men came and grabbed Chase and Skye. "Let go of her!" said Chase. "Or what?!" said Carlos. The two men put Chase and Skye in a cage and locked the door. "Nice job guys!" said Carlos as he and the two men walked away.

   Alex went in the center room and got ready to spread the virus. "It's showtime!" said Alex.