Letter From School

Sams pov

A few weeks later

"Pony give it to me now!"
"No im telling everyone" he laughed.
"Pony dont! give it to me or im going to beat the heck out of you."
I finally tackled pony and he still wouldn't give the letter from school back. I punched him in the gut and the letter was on the floor, i reached for it then darry picked me up and pony got up and grabbed it.
" hmm who should i give this to sam? Maybe soda hmm no what about Two bit still not good enough i know how about Steve."
He gave it to Steve and Darry wanted to see so he pushed me to two bit and he held me tight.
Steve read the note out loud.

"Dear samantha Curtis you have been nominated as prom queen. We ask you please have an escort as We cant wait to see you there. Congratulations!
From your asb

They all gave me a funny look and pony and Steve started laughing then everyone else. I didnt want to go to prom but I know Darry is gonna push me to go. But after everything the guys started talking to two bit and shoving him and I had no idea what that was about. We then just ate dinner and talked.
"So Sam what dress are you gonna wear. You do realize prom is next friday right?" pony said getting Darrys attention.
I just gave him a death stare while he giggled.
" im not going" i told them while stuffing smash potatoes in my mouth.
" what do you mean your not going,you have to go Sam" Soda begged in a way.
"Samantha Bay Curtis you are going to prom" Darry told me with excitement in his face.
"Come on Darry. Don't make me. And besides we can't afford to get me a dress" I whined
" I just got my check and i'm gonna give you $15 (almost $200 now days) to buy any dress you want. Besides your the total opposite of what they expect for prom. I was Prom King it wasn't that bad" he said while giving soda the cash.
"Yea that's because you were captain of the football team mr popular Quarterback and all" I said playing with my food.
"We'll could you blame me I was a god on the field" he smiled
"Calm down ego man we don't have room at this table for everyone plus the ego" Pony teased and Darry shrugged and smiled.
"Soda and pony will take you and if the other two dimwits want to tag along then they can." Darry said
oh great now two and Steve get to come. It was gonna be Sunday and I was gonna have to get a dress weather i like it or not. I'm gonna kill pony for this.