Watermelon

sweet 10

- watermelon -

Seven, six, five, four, three, two and one. The week that had gone dreadfully slow, felt like a month. When in reality, was only a few, long, days. This was all because of the constant questions that she had been bombarded with recently regarding the time she went out with Yoongi and Taehyung. It had put a lot of pressure on her, maybe too much. Her emotions were all mixed together, probably looking a like a tangled ball of yarn, and her actions had been getting sloppy. You couldn't blame her for it however. It wasn't like she could wave a magic wand and make all her troubles vanish - disappear - like that one guy on television.

Even so, she carried on through her day, trying long and hard to not think of it but her efforts were futile - much like a tree that survived through the winter just to find it couldn't bare any fruits. Although it was winter, she felt the heat of summer. As if God decided to change the seasons to fit her mood at the moment, which was indeed very warm. It wasn't the fans that crowded around her and watched her every move, reporters were everywhere. (Name) was extremely thankful that their fans were considered enough to leave her in peace. 

Sighing once again, she dragged herself down onto the couch of their dorm, Taehyung and Jimin, who were busy playing their video games, had retreated into their rooms for extra comfort in order to "focus" on their game. (name) was left on the couch with a sleeping Yoongi, Mr Kim Seokjin and Hobi. Hoseok, who was scrolling through his social media page, turned to her. He had noticed that she had been sighing a whole lot recently, and he could tell why. He wasn't as smart as namjoon but then again you wouldn't need to be - in this situation. 

"Y/n-ah, It's the middle of winter and your ears are red. You feel pretty warm as well, are you sure you don't have a fever or some kind of cold."

She felt grateful towards for his caring words, but she really wasn't sick. Just, flustered? She was getting more attention than she needed and actually more than she deserved. Thinking about summer would actually make her feel at least a tiny bit better. She had always, ever since birth, liked winter the most. Always thinking that it was the most romantic season of the year, without actually experiencing anything throughout it, just drinking hot chocolate as a kid was a hug thing. 

Summer had a totally different effect. Warm and sunny days, filled with laughter and joy. Whereas winter would be the best time to sit by your window as you sip on hot chocolate that was freshly made. 

"You know, I kind of like summer."

Slightly confused by her choice of words, Hoseok gave her a questioning look which also earned the attention of the eldest member. 

"Its always fun and games, well until the nest season invades on it's territory."

She had honestly never enjoyed summer the way others had. No one to play with, no one to talk to, no one to eat watermelon slices on a particularly warm day. Just herself - all by herself. 

A lightbulb seemed to ring above Jin's head. Jumping of the couch and rushing to the kitchen where he kept a juicy and ripe watermelon. As he walked back to the three that were still lazily sprawled across the couch, he gave (name) a smile before handing her a slice of watermelon. 

If she couldn't enjoy her summer then, she could enjoy her artificial summer with them then. This could be the one day of summer in a season of winter. All just for her and only her. She looked at the watermelon, slightly smiling for the first time since the incident. 

"There are three reasons as to why we eat watermelons during summer. Some eat it for the freshness and it's sweet juice. The first, watermelons contain an incredible amount of antioxidants that fight back against free radical damage and prevent inflammation, and is one of the highest concentrations of lycopene of any fruit. "

She held up her index finger and middle finger towards them.

"Two, have you ever wondered why watermelons have the word 'water' in their names? They are filled with juices that keep you hydrated and have electrolytes, sodium and potassium that you need to help the body run strong - also rich in Vitamin B, which is necessary for energy production."

Hoseok rubbed the spot on his head that was hit by none other than the (hair colour) haired female - he responded to her question with something not so smart, or in short, silly. 

"Lastly, It fights off disease. Jin, thank you for thinking so much about me. I'll repay you, one day."

Giving her a nervous laugh he nodded his head. Whatever she had just told him, he had no clue about before this. All he intended to do was give her a day she could remember as a 'Memorable summer day', but this could work too. 

The three of them sat on the couch, as cozy as they could ever be, on a cold winter day, feeling as if it was summer. With slices of watermelons in their hands, it was their very own special summer together, for (name) to relive the memories that she never made,

It was their artificial summer in winter.