two

Your POV - Monday, 7:28

You pulled your hair into a high ponytail and slipped your brown bracelet on. You couldn't forget your lucky bracelet on the first day. You sighed at your reflection. You really hated showing skin, but your mom was in an empowerment phase after the divorce and encouraged you to look your best for your first day of highschool. Well at least at Hawkins High.

'Maybe that Mike guy is a sophomore too'

Not like you cared or anything. But jut in case you had a couple classes with him. You glanced over your outfit once more and decided to add some fishnet leggings underneath your shorts, at least you could pretend to feel more covered up that way.

Your outfit (in addition to the fishnets; which were in style in the 80's so don't fight me on this:

You slammed the front door and grabbed your skateboard. You shivered a bit and headed in the direction of the school.

---

So far Mike had been in none of your classes. You drummed your fingers against your binder, counting down the minutes until lunch. So far, Hawkins High didn't seem that bad. Aside from a few snickering girls and a couple perverted glances from guys, you'd enjoyed your day. But, the thought had been bugging you all day; who would you sit with at lunch. The bell rang and the room erupted in shouts and shuffling. You slung your back pack around one shoulder and slowly followed the rest of the student body to the cafeteria. Everyone took their rightful place, each stereotypical group, sitting down at their designated table. It was like someone categorized everyone and placed them in their seats. Which left you, without friends or a category, therefore without a seat.  Well fuck. You glanced to the right and caught Mike's eye. He smiled and waved you over. You were grateful, and walked over to his table. A few other boys sat there, chatting amongst themselves.

"Y/n, this is Lucas, Dustin, and Will." He said gesturing to the other boys. "My best friends." You sat smiled an gave a small wave before sitting down.

"Wow Mike. I didn't think you could talk to a girl if your life depended on it, but somehow you managed to get one to sit with you." Dustin, you thought, said. You laughed quietly while Mike glared at the other boy. The other boy reached into his backpack and pulled out a burgundy letterman jacket.

"Wheeler," Mike turned his attention towards Lucas. "You forgot this at my house the other day." Lucas said, handing it to Mike. Your mouth opened in surprise.

"You're on the football team." You asked incredulously. He nodded and slid the jacket over his shoulders. "Skinny McStickarms is on the football team." You mocked. He raised an eyebrow.

"I like her." Lucas chuckled and Will just shook his head.

Mike just shrugged. "Captain." He stated simply with a smirk. Your mouth dropped further.