three

Your POV - Tuesday, 11:47 am

You ran your hands under the soapy water and stared at yourself in the mirror of the girls bathroom. You hadn't stopped smiling since this morning, when Mike walked you to school.

'Maybe he's not such a bad guy after all'

You thought to yourself. You sure had doubted him when he walked into Benny's last Sunday. Maybe he just sucks at first impressions. You pushed open the heavy door to find a tall dark haired boy waiting there. But it wasn't Mike. This guy wasn't quite as tall, but he was definitely more muscular. And he didn't give off the easy going vibe that mike did; just the opposite. You eyed him as you picked up your backpack and threw it around your shoulder. He remained leaning against the doorframe, with no sign of budging. You cleared your throat.

"Who are you?" He asked with a small nod.

"Why are you standing outside of the ladies room?" You deplored dryly. He chuckled and crossed his arms.

"Touché" he smirked. You began walking away, in the direction of the cafeteria when he cut you off. "My names Troy." He said.

"Huh." You rubbed your eyes. "So your the douchebag my friends told me about?"

He raised an eyebrow. "And who are your friends, hotness?" He said stepping closer. You backed up and began walking towards the lunch area once more, Troy still following closely behind.

"Does it matter?" You shrugged and bent down to tie your shoe. "It kinda seems like your a jerk to everyone." You spoke up to him. "And don't you have a girlfriend?"

As soon as you stood up, he pressed you against the lockers. "Jen knew who I was when she started dating me. And anyways, she's not here right now." He said putting an arm on the lockers, pinning you in place.

'This can't happen. What about Mike? I mean it doesn't really matter, Mike and I aren't together and it's not like he likes me or anything and-'

You straightened the best you could, under the circumstances. "My friends are probably waiting, so I have to go. If you could just move ou-"

"Don't worry, I won't take long." He said taking the hem of your skirt within his fingers. You pushed him away.

"No! Alright, I don't think you get it. You need to leave me alone." He glared at you and opened his mouth, most likely to say something degrading, when a voice caught him off guard.

"Is this dickhead bothering you y/n?" You turned your head to see Dustin at the cafeteria doors, lunch tray in hand. You nodded, happy to see him.

"I was just having some fun." Troy said, taking out his gum and sticking it to a poster on the wall. Dustin walked over to where you were standing and set down his lunch tray.

"Actually Troy, you were just leaving." Dustin said through his teeth.

"Henderson, you're just jealous that no matter how nice you are, how perfect you try to be, you'll never get a girl like y/n. You'll never get a girl period. You and your dumb little speech shit, whatever the hell you call it-"

"cleidocranial dysplasia" Dustin's lower lip trembled; in anger in sadness, you weren't sure. 

"Hey, I wasn't asking, I don't give a damn. Bottom line, I could have any girl at this school, anytime I want." Troy said, directing his attention towards Dustin now. Dustin fixed his hat and you reached down to pick up him chocolate pudding off of his tray. "You couldn't pay a girl in this town to date you."

"You can't have me" You stepped in front of Troy and smashed the pudding cup on top of his head. The cheap plastic broke and the brown substance splattered on his head. "And personally, I think Dustin's lisp is adorable." He lifted his hands up and touched his hair, which was now covered in pudding.

"You dumb bitch." He snarled and walked away, into the guys bathroom. After a moment of silence you heard Dustin laughing behind you. You giggled and turned around to face him. He chuckled and picked up his tray, off of the floor.

"That was pretty awesome." He said with a big smile. You shrugged and wiped a stray splatter of pudding off of his jacket.

"It was nothing. Thanks for being there for me." You said smiling up at him and putting your hands on your hips. "Now let's go get you another pudding." Adjusting your backpack and taking Dustin's hand, the two of you headed through the cafeteria doors. 

word count - 779