eight

Your POV - Friday, 3:36 pm

"How about this one?" Will offered, holding up a green dress with frilly sleeves. You made a face and he dropped his arms and sighed. "Okay okay . . . this?" He asked hopefully, showing you a ball gown like white dress.

"Will! I appreciate you helping me, but it's not like I'm getting married!"

He groaned and ran his hands through his hair. "At this speed, you'll be going to the dance naked." He told you with a twinge of sarcasm. You ran your hands through the racks of dresses and shrugged.

"We'll find something." You reassured him. But, he wasn't really listening. You heard him gasp and he turned around, grinning wildly.

"I found the one!" He said, lifting up a short, pastel pink dress. It shimmered in the direct sunlight and you took it from Will's hands.

"It's perfect!" Will nodded his head, proud of himself and shoved you into a dressing room. You quickly locked the door and changed. The dress in general was pretty tight to your body, but it flowed out from the waist, to where it ended at the knees. You looked at yourself in the mirror, admiring the color and simplicity of the dress.

"I want to see!" Will shouted from outside of the dressing room. You chuckled and opened the door, spinning for Will. You put your arms in the air and smiled. He let out a small squeal and grabbed your hands, jumping up and down. You thanked him at least ten times and he smiled proudly, hugging you.

"Well, I'm not the gay best friend for nothing."

--

Your POV - Saturday, 4:42 pm

"You look so grown up." Benny said, smiling when you walked out in your dress. Your mom out her hands over her mouth and looked at you fondly. 

She reached out and grabbed your hands."You look beautiful sweetheart." Benny walked up next to your mom and tilted his head.

"When did you start wearing all that makeup?" He said, slightly concerned. Your mom patted his shoulder and laughed.

"It's a special night, Ben, let her be." Benny just shook his head.

"I don't think I can call you kiddo anymore." He stated and opened his arms up. "Come here." You hugged him, still unable to wipe the smile off of your face. You were happy that, even if your real dad couldn't be here, Benny was. Benny was always there for you. There was a soft knock on the door and you pulled away.

"He's here!" You opened the door to find Mike, in a black tuxedo, holding out a light pink flower. He gave you a crooked smile, and rocked back on his heels.

"H-hi." He said simply and glanced between you and Benny, who was standing right behind you. You smiled and broke out into a small laugh.

"Hi." Mike looked down nervously and fumbled with the flower in his hands.

"I-i got two flowers," he said gesturing to the one in his tuxedo pocket. "But then Will told me that the girl isn't supposed to have one, u-unless they're wearing a tux, which your not and I just thought it was pretty so I kept it but-" he shook his head, realizing he was rambling. He pinned the flower in your hair and blushed.

"You look beautiful." He stuttered. You smoothed out your dress and fiddled with your necklace.

"And you look handsome." You winked at him playfully. However, he seemed a bit too distracted by Benny's stare to notice.

"And you two better not to anything stupid while you're out." You raised your eyebrows and hit Benny's chest semi-hard.

I swear to god